New venue - Scotland Alternative to Brenig gathering in 2006 ???

Old July 24th, 2005, 01:22 PM
aquazur-dra

Default New venue - Scotland Alternative to Brenig gathering in 2006 ???

New venue - Scotland

Suggested Alternative to Brenig gathering in 2006 ???

I can supply a spare Float tube etc !!

DAVE A

W. D. Grey wrote in message
In article , Flycatcher
writes
Well the venue itself is actually over 100 years old, but we have a new
website and would just like to publicise it for any of you who may be
interested.

http://www.harelaw.net

Harelaw Trout fishery is 100 acres of loch situated in stunning

countryside
and yet its only a half hour drive from Glasgow city centre.

Prices range from £7.00 per rod and boat hire (with or without engine) is
available.
for further info see http://www.harelaw.net/prices.htm

Thanks for your time. Tight Lines!

Old July 24th, 2005, 02:15 PM
Flycatcher

I'm sure Brian will be very happy to accomodate you folks, whenever you
choose to visit. Its been great to hear the favorable comments made on the
fishery and the website

John

Visit Harelaw Trout Fishery
Http://www.harelaw.net

Old July 24th, 2005, 02:19 PM
Flycatcher

I also posted a photo on the alt.binaries.pictures.fishing newsgroup of a
very nice rainbow caught there a week or so ago. I'm not sure if I'm able
to post photos here - can anyone advise?

Thanks

Old July 24th, 2005, 03:18 PM
GasMan

W. D. Grey wrote in message

In article , Flycatcher
writes

Well the venue itself is actually over 100 years old, but we have a new
website and would just like to publicise it for any of you who may be
interested.

http://www.harelaw.net

Harelaw Trout fishery is 100 acres of loch situated in stunning

countryside

and yet its only a half hour drive from Glasgow city centre.

Prices range from £7.00 per rod and boat hire (with or without engine) is
available.
for further info see http://www.harelaw.net/prices.htm

Thanks for your time. Tight Lines!

DAve,

Does it have to be 2006?

I have not tried tubing yet and should be able to get a day or so later
this year. I could be 'persuaded' to recce the lake.

Obviously midges permitting.

Regards,

Charles
Old July 24th, 2005, 03:30 PM
Flycatcher

Well as far as midges go, they can be quite aggressive here, but we've found
the ultimate insect repellant and it keeps even the most persistent of the
things off you. Don't laugh.- its Avon Skin So Soft dry oil body spray! It
has to be the "woodland fresh" variety.

Honestly I'm not having you on and smelling "woodland fresh" is certainly
better than being eaten alive!

John

Old July 24th, 2005, 04:52 PM
W. D. Grey

In article , Flycatcher
writes
I'm not sure if I'm able
to post photos here - can anyone advise?

Definitely NOT John. I did, once by accident and was threatened with
having my account withdrawn.

NO BINARIES on this newsgroup.
--
Bill Grey
http://www.billboy.co.uk

Old July 24th, 2005, 07:00 PM
Harelug

We have one tube for hire up here if anyone is still without if you do
decide to drop by sometime. If you're planning to come up as a group and
need boats, email me in advance so I can reserve them for the day.

Cheers

Brian

visit http://www.harelaw.net
Harelaw Trout fishery

Old July 25th, 2005, 11:18 AM
Alec Powell

On Sun, 24 Jul 2005, aquazur-dra, gave forth these words of wisdom:
New venue - Scotland

Suggested Alternative to Brenig gathering in 2006 ???

I can supply a spare Float tube etc !!

DAVE A

An interesting thought Dave. However, from the few of us who get to
Brenig most years it is a convenient, (and for the most part
enjoyable), location to meet up. We, who still have to toil to make ends
meetg, would have to take more than a couple of days if we were to go
all the way up to Scotland, (unless of course you could get the company
LearJet to pick us up and bring us back:-)
Cheers,
Alec
--
Alec Powell