off topic about fishing rods.

Old February 3rd, 2007, 10:19 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
[email protected]

Default off topic about fishing rods.

I fish for just about everything bass included, but I am looking for a
better rod to fish soft plastics for spotted sea trout and red fish on
the flats. I want to fish soft plastic jerkbaits and jigs. Will a
bait caster over 7' help me or a long spinning rod help me. I can
build the rod my self. The I ask here is because bass fisherman fish
lots of jigs and soft plastics.
P.S I will catch trout and redfish on an exude twister mite.

Old February 4th, 2007, 03:22 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Rich P

I fish for lots of inshore stripers here in NJ. Mostly 3 to 10 pound fish.
I always (as I've recently stated on the group) throw 1/2 or 3/8 oz
leadheads and shad swimbaits. I use a 7' spinning combo, medium or medium
heavy with a 4000 series reel and braid. I can cast very far and fight good
sized fish to the boat quickly so as not to hurt them. Most of the guys I
see fishing the flats on TV seem to use a similar setup, but they usually
have a leader attached.

Rich P

Old February 4th, 2007, 05:10 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
RichZ

Rich P wrote:
I fish for lots of inshore stripers here in NJ. Mostly 3 to 10 pound fish.
I always (as I've recently stated on the group) throw 1/2 or 3/8 oz
leadheads and shad swimbaits. I use a 7' spinning combo, medium or medium
heavy with a 4000 series reel and braid. I can cast very far and fight good
sized fish to the boat quickly so as not to hurt them. Most of the guys I
see fishing the flats on TV seem to use a similar setup, but they usually
have a leader attached.

Rich P

I do a fair bit of striper fishing as well, and prefer a medium action
casting rod in the 6-10 to 7-3 range, spooled with 10 to 12 pound line.