Surf Fishing off Volusia County (Bethune Beach) requires what for bait?

Old June 19th, 2004, 03:59 PM
mono sect

Default Surf Fishing off Volusia County (Bethune Beach) requires what for bait?

We're surf fishing at Bethune Beach tomorrow and debating on whether to buy
a bubbler for the bucket. I know live bait is always better than dead but
when casting with a 12 foot rod, does the bait servive that kinda hit?

What should we use for bait when surf casting?

MS

Old June 20th, 2004, 03:57 AM
allen

Use dead ones but make them fresh dead ! Buy them alive and lay them
on Ice out of the bag. The waves will keep them moing once you cast
them in.. If your not from florida get a non res. lic....they check at
Bethune... cost you $75 if you don't plus $ for each fish... Yes you
need a lic. to fish from the surf.if your not from Florida...
Allen
from S. of Daytona @. Port Orange Fl. High tide @ about 10 a.m