Yuma Valley Rod & Gun Club - Angler of the year 2008

Old December 8th, 2008, 07:29 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe

Default Yuma Valley Rod & Gun Club - Angler of the year 2008

A buddy of mine, Lannes Brock, volunteered to run the YVRGC bass derbies
this last year and their Big Bass Derby. I have not been a member in more
than a decade, but to support my friend I decided to join and fish the bass
derbies. I won two of them, but missed one, and didn't have a hog for the
Big Bass Derbie so I really wasn't expecting anything. Like I said. I just
fished them to support my friend. I went to the Rod & Gun clubs annual
dinner Saturday (mostly for good fishing community relations since I run a
pro am club) and found out I got an award for 2nd place angler of the year
and a check for $300. Wow! First award like that I ever earned all on my
own fishing solo.

I got an Angler of the Year for ABA's Aluminum Boat Series, but my partner
Kwame (Hammer) Kuanda was a big part of that, and I made the top ten a
couple times in ABAs regular series, but again I think that was mostly
Hammer. I got an Angler of the year in my club the first year, but that's
partly because I fished every single tournament, and partly because I got
some lucky draws for my backseater.

This is the first one I earned all by myself in my spots with my techniques
fishing all by myself. It inspires me to try harder and work harder. Also
reminds me that you need to keep swinging to the last minute, and always
weigh your fish. One of those Ts I won in the YVRGC last winter I almost
dumped my fish without weighing in because I didn't think I had a chance.

Bob La Londe
www.YumaBassMan.com

Tournament Director
www.YumaProAm.com

Old December 8th, 2008, 10:35 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
John B

Congrats Bob!!!

John B
=========