Out Today on the new boat

Old May 29th, 2005, 05:18 PM
alwaysfishking

Default Out Today on the new boat

The plan was for Dave to meet me at 5 to load up the new boat and head out
fishing. 5 a.m came and went with no sign of Dave, so at 5:30 I launched
solo on the new Jon Boat. Windy and cold so I stayed around the launch for a
while taking 1 keeper on a tiny brush hog ( Thanks Ronnie. they produced
today), Dave calls and says he's heading over, he arrives about 30 minutes
later and I take my second keeper at the launch, again on the tiny brush
hog, The bite had been slow for the past few days with wind and rain and
storms I expected nothing less. I did however downsize my offering to the
tiny brush hogs. Fished with Dave a while, but no takers. I didn't have much
time so I suggested we head to the back cove, I figured the fishing would be
better there than off the main lake. With two motors on full we actually
left a small wake and got back there pretty fast, Dave hit his first keeper
on a red shad powerworm, we troll into the back and I throw my tiny brush
hog out and see the line start moving, set the hook on a nice fish just
short of 3 lbs, 5 minutes later I hit another one, another minute or two and
I have a fifth keeper in the boat and Dave is rigging up my brush hogs, few
minutes later I hit my 6 th fish that just kept tail dancing in circles at
the boat before the hook popped free. Dave was looking sick at this point,
we motored out and around the shoreline where I took my next fish my seventh
for the morning. we keep fishing as we head back in and I land a perch on
the tiny brush hog, Dave then gets his second keeper on the brush hog before
we packed it up. It's nice having a new boat even if it is only 12 foot
long, I'll be heading out tomorrow morning again. Some pictures posted at
a.b.p.f, still need a name for the boat

Old May 29th, 2005, 10:03 PM
Bob La Londe

"alwaysfishking" wrote in message
The plan was for Dave to meet me at 5 to load up the new boat and head out
fishing. 5 a.m came and went with no sign of Dave,

Why so late? With sunrise running about 5:30 (as far south as I am) at 5:00
am its pretty light out already. You are little futher north so your
sunrise must be even earlier. Last tournament I fished they called safe
light at about 5:15, and I was champing at the bit to get going long before
that.

--
Bob La Londe
http://www.YumaBassMan.com

Old May 29th, 2005, 10:16 PM
Bob La Londe

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
"alwaysfishking" wrote in message
The plan was for Dave to meet me at 5 to load up the new boat and head
out fishing. 5 a.m came and went with no sign of Dave,

Why so late? With sunrise running about 5:30 (as far south as I am) at
5:00 am its pretty light out already. You are little futher north so your
sunrise must be even earlier. Last tournament I fished they called safe
light at about 5:15, and I was champing at the bit to get going long
before that.

P.S. Pretty cool little boat. I'm partial to aluminum in small boats, but
thats mostly because the heat and sun eats up plastic in a few years here
in the desert where I live.

--
Bob La Londe
http://www.YumaBassMan.com

Old May 29th, 2005, 11:07 PM
RichZ

Bob La Londe wrote:
"alwaysfishking" wrote in message

The plan was for Dave to meet me at 5 to load up the new boat and head out
fishing. 5 a.m came and went with no sign of Dave,

Why so late? With sunrise running about 5:30 (as far south as I am) at 5:00
am its pretty light out already. You are little futher north so your
sunrise must be even earlier. Last tournament I fished they called safe
light at about 5:15, and I was champing at the bit to get going long before
that.

I'm about the same latitude as Randy and it was light yesterday AM at
5:00, which torqued me off, because I was still 20 minutes from the lake.
Old May 29th, 2005, 11:24 PM
alwaysfishking

Wind and cold deters me from fishing to after sunrise hours, more of the
wind thing then cold, I just hate fighting it, anchor is a must real soon,
besides fish didn't start biting until after 7 a.m... either that or I
didn't figure them out until after 7 a.m :-) Summer time and I'm out there
at 4 a.m

Old May 30th, 2005, 12:44 AM
Bob La Londe

"alwaysfishking" wrote in message
Wind and cold deters me from fishing to after sunrise hours, more of the
wind thing then cold, I just hate fighting it, anchor is a must real soon,
besides fish didn't start biting until after 7 a.m... either that or I
didn't figure them out until after 7 a.m :-) Summer time and I'm out
there at 4 a.m

There is that. I was catching fish on my summer patterns already last
weekend.

--
Bob La Londe
http://www.YumaBassMan.com

Old May 30th, 2005, 02:29 AM
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

"alwaysfishking" wrote in message
Wind and cold deters me from fishing to after sunrise hours, more of the
wind thing then cold, I just hate fighting it, anchor is a must real soon,
besides fish didn't start biting until after 7 a.m... either that or I
didn't figure them out until after 7 a.m :-) Summer time and I'm out
there at 4 a.m

LOL, I've found that the older I get, the better fish bite during the middle
of the day!
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Old May 30th, 2005, 06:39 AM
Bill McKee

"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" wrote in
message ...

"alwaysfishking" wrote in message
Wind and cold deters me from fishing to after sunrise hours, more of the
wind thing then cold, I just hate fighting it, anchor is a must real
soon, besides fish didn't start biting until after 7 a.m... either that
or I didn't figure them out until after 7 a.m :-) Summer time and I'm
out there at 4 a.m

LOL, I've found that the older I get, the better fish bite during the
middle of the day!
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com
G & S Guide Service and Custom Rods
http://www.herefishyfishy.com

i was at Clear Lake, Calif last weekend. Did not launch until 11:30 am.
Slept in, comfortable bed in the camper.

Old May 30th, 2005, 12:20 PM
Dan, danl, danny boy, Redbeard, actually Greybeard

On Sun, 29 May 2005 12:18:42 -0400, "alwaysfishking"
sent into the ether:

[...]

A new boat, no matter what the size is always a joy to take out. Name
it Junior so it knows its place in the scheme of things to come :}

Remove the x for e-mail reply
www.outdoorfrontiers.com
www.SecretWeaponLures.com
A proud charter member of "PETAF", People for Eating Tasty Animals and Fish!!!
Old May 30th, 2005, 02:47 PM
alwaysfishking

Can't name it junior, had a 70 buick that was named junior, just wouldn't be
right