Source for Gifts for yourselves and others

Old December 6th, 2004, 09:38 PM
Wayne Knight

Default Source for Gifts for yourselves and others

While I am loathe to recommend someone not purchase tackle from their
local shop, there is in Edwardsburg MI, a store called Lunkers. It's
kind of a Cabela's light but this place has an amazing selection of fly
tackle for a general sporting goods store.

They have a significant number of now discontinued rods and reels from
Temple Forks and Reddington to Winston, Sage, Scott, Loomis and T&T
discounted If you are looking for something or a reason to buy
something. Or want to send your family looking for something.

Typical disclaimer on no involvement with the place other than buying a
few fly tying supplies @ regular price . And as always if you have a
decent local shop, they probably have some discounted end of model
stuff too as would bill and wally.

There number is 269-663-3745 and Joe runs the fly fishing area or their
website is www.lunkers.com

Old December 8th, 2004, 01:13 AM

What site? The only thing there is tee shirts and gift cards, this is a fly
fishing forum.
Old December 8th, 2004, 02:16 AM
Wayne Knight

wrote in message
What site? The only thing there is tee shirts and gift cards, this is a
fly
fishing forum.

Dear Mr.

Thank you so much for your positive response to what was intended to be a
helpful link for folks looking for various forms of fly fishing tackle at a
discount and who might not otherwise have access to a local fly shop or
might be interested in purchasing that the other two fly shop owners who
participants of this newsgroup may not carry. Since my first post on this
medium occurred in the first year of it's operation and managed to somehow
receive an education allowing me a basic understanding of the English
language I am well aware the name of the group is rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.
What you seem unaware of is that this is a usenet newsgroup and not a forum.
Similar but not the same.

As to the Lunkers website, frankly I have not looked at it. If it only has
cards and t-shirts and you have interested in something else, pick up the
darn phone and call them. Or better yet, pick up the darn phone and offer
them web development services. And I seem to recall describing it as a
Cabela's Light but with a decent selection of fly fishing equipment. At one
time we managed to do business without fax machines, cell phones, and the
world wide web and it still goes on that way.

By chance are you one of those dickheads who will go into a locally owned
shop and try their rods and reels, take the staff's time to figure out what
you want, leave without buying but run home to your little pc and buy the
stuff the local shop help you research from some place on the web, maybe
saving a few pennies but further putting that resource you used one step
closer to shutting down?

We are fortunate to have as frequent posters, gentlemen and I use that term
loosely, who were or are UNIX nerds and were using this thing before there
was compuserve, aol, earthlink, and the host of current ISP's. If I need a
reminder of the group's purpose I trust you will understand why I would
inquire of them first.
I posted their link because it was on their business card

Thank you and have a pleasant holiday season.

Sincerely;

Wayne R. Knight
There's lots of better casters than me out there, but no one can match my
skill at creating unique tailing loops and multiple windknots on one stroke
of the cast.

Old December 8th, 2004, 12:34 PM
Frank Church

"Wayne Knight" wrote in
:

Wayne R. Knight
There's lots of better casters than me out there, but no one can match
my skill at creating unique tailing loops and multiple windknots on
one stroke of the cast.

.....oh yeah? Wanna bet? Although I do admit to doing tailing loops with only
one wind knot at a time...you apparently have advanced to multiple wind knots
thru diligent practice. Congratulations sir. ;-)

Frank Church
....****, now I suppose I'll have to change my email name.
Old December 8th, 2004, 12:57 PM
Wayne Knight

Frank Church wrote:
Congratulations sir. ;-)

Thank you.

...****, now I suppose I'll have to change my email name.

Naw, you can keep it.

Have you ever been in that store? I don't recall ever seeing you post
about it.