Bass Pro Shops: any opinions?

Old May 17th, 2004, 05:10 AM
Chicago Paddling-Fishing

Default Bass Pro Shops: any opinions?

In alt.fishing Thad wrote:
: Has anyone here had any experiences with this company? I found one of
: their old catalogs and I was wondering if I should take a chance on
: placing an order with them. Their selection seems to be incredible. Or
: any other respected places with a comparable range of products?

You should check their web site and see if they have a store in your
state. The Springfield Mo store is very nice... for me at least the
store here in Illinois is a bit less than grand, but they still have
everything there... you pay tax but no shipping so it's about even in
cost over the catalog.

--
John Nelson
Chicago Area Paddling/Fishing Page
Old May 24th, 2004, 04:48 PM
Alan Lichtenstein

Thad wrote:

Has anyone here had any experiences with this company? I found one of
their old catalogs and I was wondering if I should take a chance on
placing an order with them. Their selection seems to be incredible. Or
any other respected places with a comparable range of products?

I've purchased sever times from them, line in particular. They ship
promptly and I've encountered no difficulty with them. Admittedly, my
purchase have been restricted to line( large spools of 20 & 30 lb.
Fireline ), but I find their prices for the items I purchase better than
tackle shops, even including the shipping.

Alan

Old June 22nd, 2004, 06:35 AM
SteveB

"Thad" wrote in message
Has anyone here had any experiences with this company? I found one of
their old catalogs and I was wondering if I should take a chance on
placing an order with them. Their selection seems to be incredible. Or
any other respected places with a comparable range of products?

--

-Thad L.

Went to the one in Katy, Texas............................... WOW!

Now they are going to build the largest one in the US right here in Las
Vegas. DOUBLE WOW!

I like them. I like their quality. I like their guarantee. I like their
selection. I like their prices.

You might check Cabela's, too. They got lots of good stuff. Then just
compare and shop prices and sales.

YMMV

Steve

Old June 29th, 2004, 01:36 PM
Tom Line

Bass pro is the Wallmart of the sporting industry and is putting the good
mom & pop shops out of business. Ask them a real gun question and you'll
see how PC the place really is.

In rec.outdoors.fishing SteveB wrote:
:
: "Thad" wrote in message
: ...
: Has anyone here had any experiences with this company? I found one of
: their old catalogs and I was wondering if I should take a chance on
: placing an order with them. Their selection seems to be incredible. Or
: any other respected places with a comparable range of products?
:
: --
:
: -Thad L.
:

Old June 30th, 2004, 10:07 PM
Jerry

Tom Line wrote:
Bass pro is the Wallmart of the sporting industry and is putting the good
mom & pop shops out of business. Ask them a real gun question and you'll
see how PC the place really is.

last time I was there they answered all my questions in the gun
department. If your talking on the phone to one of the part time high
school kids taking orders then you may not get your question answered. I
rate them number one in all departments as is Cabela's.

Jerry

Old July 25th, 2004, 06:08 PM
Big John

This is a good company and one that carries a lot of fishing equimpent. I
use them and recommend them to everyone.

But be careful if you are going to buy a basstracker boat. I have heard
some bad things about their service after the sale. I am not sure if this is
just for certain dealers or not. I believe that may be the case based on the
reports that I have read about this subject over the last three years on the
internet.

I frequent the fishin.com web forums and the bill dance web site forums.
Also I frequent the www.Gr8vacations.com we site which is the old
www.crappie.com we site that I enjoy so much.