Flyline Dressing?

Old May 10th, 2004, 07:50 PM

Default Flyline Dressing?

I have record of that. Iasked about "Home Remedies" and lubricant and
cleaner before . Maybe I should have been more specific and said
"Commercial" Flyline dressings. Anyway....I appreciate those that have
writen me direct. Thanks
Hi...What is a good Fly-Line Cleaner and lubricant. Any home
remedies??
Thanks!!! MIKE
****

Old May 10th, 2004, 08:05 PM
Charlie Choc

On Mon, 10 May 2004 13:50:39 -0500, wrote:

I have record of that. Iasked about "Home Remedies" and lubricant and
cleaner before .

It looks to me like you asked two questions: "What is a good Fly-Line
Cleaner and lubricant" and "Any home remedies".

Out of curiosity, what do you view as the difference between fly line
dressing and fly line cleaner and lubricant?
--
Charlie...
Old May 10th, 2004, 08:13 PM
Jeff

Charlie Choc wrote:

It looks to me like you asked two questions: "What is a good Fly-Line
Cleaner and lubricant" and "Any home remedies".

Out of curiosity, what do you view as the difference between fly line
dressing and fly line cleaner and lubricant?

....said the spider to the fly...

Old May 10th, 2004, 08:25 PM

Well....I would think (I may be wrong) that "Flyline Dressing" is a floatant
and that Flyline Cleaner and lubricant is just that. A material that cleans
and also lubricates the line thru the ferrals making casting easier,not
necessarily aiding in floatation.... Please clarify this for me and others
that might be are interested. Thanks MIKE

Old May 10th, 2004, 08:40 PM
Charlie Choc

On Mon, 10 May 2004 14:25:28 -0500, wrote:

Well....I would think (I may be wrong) that "Flyline Dressing" is a floatant
and that Flyline Cleaner and lubricant is just that.

I think you said you use the SA "dressing", which claims that it
"contains the same advanced lubricants used in the coating of our
lines for a slick, long-lasting coating" and "includes one Scientific
Anglers cleaning pad". Do you have examples of dressing that don't
clean or lubricate, or cleaners and lubricants that don't leave the
line "dressed"?
--
Charlie...
Old May 10th, 2004, 08:45 PM
Svend Tang-Petersen

wrote:

What line dressing do you use?? I have used Scientific Anglers for several
years with success. Thanks MIKE

Glide.

Old May 10th, 2004, 09:05 PM
Jeff

Charlie Choc wrote:

On Mon, 10 May 2004 14:25:28 -0500, wrote:

Well....I would think (I may be wrong) that "Flyline Dressing" is a floatant
and that Flyline Cleaner and lubricant is just that.

I think you said you use the SA "dressing", which claims that it
"contains the same advanced lubricants used in the coating of our
lines for a slick, long-lasting coating" and "includes one Scientific
Anglers cleaning pad". Do you have examples of dressing that don't
clean or lubricate, or cleaners and lubricants that don't leave the
line "dressed"?

slowly it made its way along the web...

Old May 10th, 2004, 09:19 PM
Wolfgang

wrote in message
Geez......I'm starting to regret ever asking a question.......{:O)

MIKE

Anything we can do to help speed that along?

Wolfgang