Catch and release technique

Old July 8th, 2007, 11:38 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
fishtale

Default Catch and release technique

I've seen it done on fishing shows. I do it for panfish. I take more
care with gamefish and bass. I'm referring to shaking a fish off a
hook. Is it acceptable for true catch and release standards.

Old July 9th, 2007, 04:42 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
SC Bad Angler

Hey Fishtale,

If you practice catch and release go visit MyFish.com and add your
fish totals to the site catch counter. By filing a fishing report you
will see the site catch and release totals increment real time as
you
record your trip. See real time how your catch affects our
conservation
effort. MyFish is like MySpace for anglers..Free weather, tides,
logbooks, personal pages, forums, etc and the catch stats from our
logbook are provided to your local DNR (Dept. of Natural
Resources) /
CCA to allow them to see the local recreational catch.

SC Bad Angler

Old July 9th, 2007, 04:50 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Scott Seidman

fishtale wrote in news:1183934295.867220.19530
@g4g2000hsf.googlegroups.com:

I've seen it done on fishing shows. I do it for panfish. I take more
care with gamefish and bass. I'm referring to shaking a fish off a
hook. Is it acceptable for true catch and release standards.

There's no such thing as a true catch and release standard.

--
Scott
Reverse name to reply
Old July 10th, 2007, 12:39 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Fishking

and yet Al catchs and release's another to fight again.....
you might be the best fisherman on here AL...

. 1.4...

Old July 10th, 2007, 12:57 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
fishtale

Thank you ....Randy
The standard is to cause as little harm as possible to your quarry.

On Jul 9, 7:39 pm, "Fishking" wrote:
snip
you might be the best fisherman on here AL...

Old July 10th, 2007, 01:34 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Dan[_3_]

fishtale wrote:
Thank you ....Randy
The standard is to cause as little harm as possible to your quarry.

On Jul 9, 7:39 pm, "Fishking" wrote:
snip
you might be the best fisherman on here AL...

Are you referring to Walmart?
Old July 10th, 2007, 01:28 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Scott Seidman

"Fishking" wrote in news:4692c7b9$0$20621
:

and yet Al catchs and release's another to fight again.....
you might be the best fisherman on here AL...

"Scott Seidman" wrote in message
. 1.4...
fishtale wrote in news:1183934295.867220.19530
@g4g2000hsf.googlegroups.com:

I've seen it done on fishing shows. I do it for panfish. I take more
care with gamefish and bass. I'm referring to shaking a fish off a
hook. Is it acceptable for true catch and release standards.

There's no such thing as a true catch and release standard.

--
Scott
Reverse name to reply

I just meant that everybody does what they think is right. Personally, I
don't think that barbed multiple trebles are consistant with my idea of
C&R, but can understand why others would have no problem with it. "Shaking
off the hook" can also injure a fish.

--
Scott
Reverse name to reply