weymouth, dorset

Old June 4th, 2005, 12:58 PM
toaduk

Default weymouth, dorset

I am bringing some disabled kids down in aug. whats the best fishing place,
bait to use for them just to catch their first fish.I understand that the
harbour is ok .
any advice,tips etc.
thanks

Old June 4th, 2005, 07:20 PM
Derek.Moody

In article , toaduk
wrote:
I am bringing some disabled kids down in aug. whats the best fishing place,
bait to use for them just to catch their first fish.I understand that the
harbour is ok .
any advice,tips etc.

Ask the Harbour Office to put you in touch with MFV Freedom. She's
specially adapted for disabled parties and will make sure your kids catch
something. Better ask now: I expect they're booking up fast.

Or

Contact the Weymouth Angling Club who have a children's section and -might-
be able to help you all catch.

You see, nearly all kids need one to one attention on their first trip (or
at least 1:2) if they're going to do well. By trip three or four you'd be
able to cope with a party as by then they'll have some idea of what goes
where...

Otherwise, give us some dates and some idea of the age-range and strength of
the kids and the dates you'll be there and we'll give you some suggestions
based on tides and so on. (This a poor third option though.)

Cheerio,

Old June 17th, 2005, 12:07 AM
Eric The Viking

The stone pier is easy to fish. Ragworm for bait - dangled over the
side.

Only downside is that it's a bit of a walk so depending on the level of
disabilities might not be an option.

You can fish the harbour but it's going to be busy with cars & tourists
and the only thing you'll probably catch are snotty (silver)eels -
still if you don't mind the snot they can be good fun...