Fishing & Hunting - Commentary

Old August 7th, 2004, 11:50 PM
alwaysfishking

Default Fishing & Hunting - Commentary

snipAs to his opinion, it is much closer to the founders of this
country than yours. "----Which opinion of mine? I'd like to know

snipThey put the 2nd amendment in the Constitution so
people had the ability to overthrow the government of this country, if
government became dictatorial and out of control. Maybe you ought to go
take a couple ov civics and history courses, as well as take an
introspective look and your own actions.

An introspective look at my own actions? What actions might they be Bill?
And who are you to assume I have not taken civics or history courses?

Ahh the hell with it I'm going fishing. If I offended you or Rodney I
apologize. I forgot, this is not a place for a sense of humor. I'll save
that for The NWC. Hope to see you both there so we can just fish.

Best Regards,

Old August 8th, 2004, 12:47 AM
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

Default Fishing & Hunting - A Rebuttal

Steve wrote, "If it weren't for the dogs, few of these hunts would be
possible. Due to
terrain, vegetation cover and the nature of the animal being hunted,

without
dogs, success would be almost impossible."

Response: I say without a pack of dogs it would be more challenging and
rewarding. Wouldn't you agree?

***No I wouldn't agree. Tell me, do you find it more "challenging and
rewarding" to fish without a boat? Many people do bankfish daily, yet I
seem to remember a post by you recently complaining about your lack of a
boat.

Steve wrote, "Feral hogs or wild boars can be taken by spot & stalk or
stand/blind hunting, but the thick forest undergrowth that they lie up in
during the day means that you'd have to virtually kick them in the behinds
in order to find them, and speaking from first hand knowledge, even feral
hogs are not something to toy with. They're fast, mean, nasty and tasty
critters, but again, dogs make the hunts possible. People don't like the
idea of baiting for black bears, but again, the habitat that they prefer

in
this part of the country eliminates the possibility of spot & stalk. So,

if
baiting is "bad", how is a person to hunt black bears when seeing 50 yards
is a long distance? Big cats out west cover so much territory and are so
secretive that unless you have the same luck as a lottery winner, forget
hunting them unless you're willing to follow a pack of enthusiastic

hounds."

Response: I say again, without a pack of dogs it would be more challenging
and rewarding.

***About as rewarding as you'd find fishing without hooks. Sure, you can go
through the same motions, but without the hookup and fight of the fish,
would you find fishing as enjoyable? Exactly how much experience do you
have with the hunting sports?

Craig Originally wrote: "If this individual was using one of these methods
as the sole means to feed his family, I wouldn't have a problem it. That
includes using dynamite to catch fish."

Steve's response, "So, hunting to eat is all right, but hunting for sport,
recreation,
challenge, trophy and memories is wrong?

Response: I would have to agree with that statement. I do think killing

an
animal for sport, recreation, or just for the challenge, trophy, or

memories
is wrong. If you are NOT going to eat the animal and use it's skin, than

it
is just a waste of life. Now you can enjoy the sport, challenge, trophy,
and memories of the animal you killed for food.

***What about catch and release fishing? That is being done strictly for
personal gratification and fish die in the process.

Steve's wrote, "You advocate game law violations because the fish are

going
to be eaten? In these days of "social programs",there's no reason what so
ever for someone to violate game laws to feed a family. If someone has

the
means to fish/hunt and to purchase fishing tackle/hunting equipment, that
means that they have some money and are
physically able to hold down a job."

Response: You're right, with all the social programs available today, an
individual wouldn't need to kill an animal out of season or by using an
unlawful means. So no I'm not advocating it, nor condoning it.

***Your original quote "If this individual was using one of these methods as
the sole means to feed
his family, I wouldn't have a problem it." To me, unless you don't really
mean what you type, your statement means that you do condone it, however
tacit that approval is.

Craig originally wrote: "A man must do whatever is necessary to feed,

cloth,
shelter,
and protect their family."

Steve's response: "Based on that theory, liquor store robbery is ok?"

Response: I think we addressed that above, but no, any unlawful activity

is
wrong.

***So then is unlawfully taking of fish and game, regardless of the reason.
Poaching of game animals involves breaking laws, just as robbing a liquor
store does. It's ok to break one law but not the other?

Craig, as I stated in my original reply, Sportsmen and women's lawful
outdoor activities are being attacked on all sides. Whether you agree with
a method of hunting or not, as long as it is legal in that region, there is
no reason to vilify the practice. There are some that think that bass are a
trash fish as as such, deserve no season or bag limit protection. I'm sure
you don't agree with that statement and would have your feathers ruffled if
someone said that to you. I don't hunt doves, at least not yet, but I'll
defend anyone's right to do so.

To the public, we as sportsmen need to present a united front to the anti's
and the uncommitted. To do otherwise is counter-productive to all
participating in the outdoors, whether you participate in the practice or
not.

Your personal opinion is just that, personal. To bring it to a public
forum, especially one grounded in an outdoor activity is a waste of
bandwidth.

To all others on the group, sorry, but I felt compelled to respond.
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Old August 8th, 2004, 12:53 AM
RGarri7470

Every capable honest citizen should own a full automatic military weapon

oh, God. Just what I was afraid of Craig...

Warren

I have a AR-15 with a 40 round clip and an AK 47 with a 40 round clip here in
my room. Do you think they shoudl be taken away from me? If so, why?
Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com
Old August 8th, 2004, 01:49 AM
Fritz Nordengren

Craig wrote:

But, hey, I think it would be cool to use tranquilizer tarts to hunt with so
that you could shoot that big deer, get your photo taken with it and then
let it go. Catch & release hunting, because for me, it is the hunt that is
the fun.

I think they call that nature photography.

Old August 8th, 2004, 01:49 AM
go-bassn

Ronnie, I don't care what you have in your house. That's your business.

I don't need some paranoid paramilitary idiot telling me what I should have
in mine.

Warren

Old August 8th, 2004, 02:10 AM
Rodney

go-bassn wrote:

Ronnie, I don't care what you have in your house. That's your business.

I don't need some paranoid paramilitary idiot telling me what I should have
in mine.

Warren

Again you ASSUME

I don't own any assault weapons, I'm not into paramilitary crap, I
don't even personally know anyone who is, I'm not paranoid, I don't even
carry a knife, and I have an IQ of 186.

Statements were made that were not based on facts, I give the facts

WHo's the idiot ?

--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Long Shot "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread

Old August 8th, 2004, 02:13 AM
Christopher P. Cericola

"Calif Bill" wrote in message
link.net...
They put the 2nd amendment in the Constitution so people had the ability
to overthrow the government of this country, if government became
dictatorial and out of control. Maybe you ought to go take a couple ov
civics and history courses, as well as take an introspective look and your
own actions.

If I may interrupt here...

First of all, I believe guns in the hand of citizens is no more dangerous
than cell phones in the hands of people. Personally, I think that people
have no need for fully automatic weapons but it's not my place to tell them
not to..

But let's get to my real point..

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,
the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

That is the exact quote of the 2nd amendment of the constituion. It's
purpose was very simple - to allow people the access to weapons in the
defense of the state. Let's think back to the minute men. That's where
this came from. People have often mistaken it's meaning and even misquoted
it for there needs..

Christopher

Old August 8th, 2004, 02:17 AM
Rodney

go-bassn wrote:

"RGarri7470" wrote in message

Every capable honest citizen should own a full automatic military weapon

You are right though, I left out a word I meant "should be able to own"

I don't want anyone who does think he could be trusted with such a
firearm, to have one

The reason for the left out word is due to

I'm high as a kite, I've been on drugs since the middle of the week, I'm
trying to pass a 5 mm kidney stone, it's a wonder I'm even able to think
with the pain and the drugs,, but everything else in the post was correct