Fishing & Hunting - Commentary

Old August 8th, 2004, 04:13 PM
Rodney

Default Fishing & Hunting - Commentary

E. Carl Speros wrote:
I once was a member of the
NRA, but when they came out against taking teflon bullets (whose only
purpose was penetrating police body armor) off the market I sent them a
nasty letter & go the hell out of NRA. Go Johnnies Go (Kerry & Edwards)

That was not the only reason for teflon bullets

Many of us reloads used them, it allowed us to shoot lead bullets at
jacked bullet velocities, reducing our cost to practice

The Anti gun nuts wanted everyone to think it was just to penetrate
police vest,, just so they could chip away at the guns and ammo.

Of course even if this was true, it would be another case of getting it
into the public eyes that guns are only for hunting, then like in
England, when they ban hunting, they can then ban guns

One day the peta people will get a law pasted where you can only catch
and release fish,, of course this would not upset you personally, but
this step would be another step to their final goal of stopping fishing
completly

One step at a time is the game plan of gun grabbers ,and animal rights
people

WE must unite to defend all our rights, we can't keep giving up a little
each year, at one point we will have none left,, Use your brains people.

If they outlaw personal water craft, this would make many here happy,
but that would be one step to outlawing high performance bass boats,
which would be a step to outlawing gas powered boats, you must look at
the final goals of these people, as they one step at a time you

--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Long Shot "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread

Old August 8th, 2004, 07:37 PM
Budd Cochran

"bill allemann" wrote in message
Even a liberal fundamentalist should attempt to educate themselves a bit

on
wildlife management practices.

Then they would have to look at facts and not propaganda. If that happened,
they would learn a thing or twenty.

In many areas of the country, deer in particular, geese, even turkey, need
to be harvested in order to
improve the general condition of the population. Since our urban sprawled
society in most areas can no longer
tolerate predators, the deer population, for instance, is overpopulated to

degree that would cause two problems.
Firstly, mass starvation and disease are a direct result of

overpopulation.

Several years ago, they had an open hunt on the grounds of the Air Force
Academy in Colorado Springs CO for these reasons. Of course, the animal
rights folks showed up in droves.

Secondly and more importantly, the flora of an
area suffers extreme and sometimes irreversible damage as a result of
overpopulation of browser species.

That was another concern at the time. There were according to some "reports"
(sorry, unable to verify because of the tortuous reporting paths) of deer
being wounded because of animal rights activists disturbing the shots ... of
course, they then claimed it was the hunter's fault.

The fact is, from a personal friend that brought home a malnourished Mule
Deer, the animals were starving even though the last open hunt had only been
10 years previous.

Maybe you would have rather see large squads of feds out there

administering
politically correct birth control to the deer population? Sounds like a
Kerry platform issue, come to think of it.

Don't give them any ideas, please (LOL) The U.S. was started by people
looking for less governmental involvement in their religious and private
lives.

I know plenty of hunters and it's darned rare to meet one with ego issues.
On the other hand, I know selfrighteous, politically correct types that
nearly all have ego problems.

Bill Allemann

I agree. I was only able to go deer hunting once, but the gentleman I went
with lost his ego and braggadacio when he stepped out of the truck and slung
the Model 94 over his shoulder. He was all business until we went home,
which, as you point out, is also foreign to many political candidates.

Budd

"E. Carl Speros" wrote in message

Sorry if that makes me a wimp, but
I don't measure my manhood by how many innocent creatures I kill. (like
Ted Nugent & Charleton Heston for instance.)

Old August 9th, 2004, 01:24 AM
RGarri7470

Ronnie, I don't care what you have in your house. That's your business.

I don't need some paranoid paramilitary idiot telling me what I should have
in mine.

Warren

"RGarri7470" wrote in message
Every capable honest citizen should own a full automatic military weapon

oh, God. Just what I was afraid of Craig...

Warren

I have a AR-15 with a 40 round clip and an AK 47 with a 40 round clip here

in
my room. Do you think they shoudl be taken away from me? If so, why?
Ronnie

There I agree with you. I would never say everyone should have guns in their
house of any kind - if you don't want one, don't get one. Just don't tell me I
can't have some guns because they are ugly.

On a local TV news program there was a debate between the editorial page editor
of the Atlanta Consitution, who thinks all guns should be banned, and a gun
owner and radio talk show host. She stated the fear that a homeowner might have
a gun did not deter criminals. He sugested if she beleived that she should post
a big sign in front of her house saying "No guns in this house, no guns allowed
here." She declined.

Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

Old August 9th, 2004, 01:30 AM
RGarri7470

"I once was a member of the
NRA, but when they came out against taking teflon bullets (whose only
purpose was penetrating police body armor) off the market I sent them a
nasty letter & go the hell out of NRA. Go Johnnies Go (Kerry & Edwards)"

The bill you mention would have banned all bullets capable of penetration
police body armor - which includes all center fire rifle ammo, not just teflon
coated bullets.. It is fine if you don't want to kill bambi, but I do - with my
center fire rifle. Teddy Kennedy just introduced that bill again this past
session - and we defeated it again.

And I agree about the johnnies going - but I suspect I want the Johnnies to go
to a different place than you do.

Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

Old August 9th, 2004, 01:33 AM
RGarri7470

Yeah, I'm a moderate democrat - so I also believe a man only needs a
shotgun, a long rifle, a bow, a good knife, and maybe a semi-auto handgun to
hunt with and for protection.

Yep, typical “moderate” democrat - condems everyone that does not conform
to his prejudices. Isn’t it strange how
democrats are “moderate” but republicans are “extreme right wing
conserative ideologs.”
Craig - don’t take this personally, get mad and leave forever - again.
Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com