What I learned today.

Old December 10th, 2007, 12:34 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Wolfgang

Default What I learned today.

O.k., so, here I am on the cutting edge of the electronic age. Yep, that's
right, I went out last weekend and bought myself a "radio" (®, I assume).
Got speakers that sit out way to the side and an honest to God "remote
control" (my first ever......no ****), and I learned how to use it and
everything. So, now I've got something to do besides read Christopher
Hitchens and keep rewatching "I Spit on Your Grave" over and over and over
and over and over and over.........

All right, I get home from the bookstores and the grocery store today, the
new acquisitions are logged in, and the jambalaya is bubbling away merrily
on the stove. What to do? Hitchens takes a bit of digestion, so,
natch......I turn on the "radio."

It's "All Things Considered" on NPR. Stick with me now......no ****.....it
seems that here in the 21st century there is a hospital somewhere in America
that doesn't use a checklist in surgery. That is to say that for reasons
that remain a mystery, whenever a surgery is performed, nobody bothers to
consult a checklist of standard procedures to make sure that everything
that's supposed to be done IS done!

So?

So, some doctor with too much time on his hands has figured out that the
incidence of adventitious infections in hospitals can be drastically reduced
(by either one or two thirds......I forget.....big deal.....whatever) simply
by keeping a checklist of standard procedures and making sure that every
step is faithfully carried out.

So?

So, it seems I misundertstanded. It isn't "A" hospital somewhere in
America......this is STANDARD PRACTICE! Or, rather, standard NON-practice.
NOBODY!!!! has a check list! Isweartagod I am NOT making this **** up!
Nobody wants to take responsibility, or whatever! If anybody had asked ME
how many items there were on a standard hospital operating room checklist, I
suppose I would have guessed that no one had ever bothered to actually COUNT
them.......they were probably too busy making sure that everything was done
to bother with exactly how many there were. Nobody mentioned it, but I
suspect there are a few tens of thousands of professional litigators busily
working up their own checklists long about now.

And then, there's a story about how Afghanistan now accounts for 93% of the
world's opium production. Well......imagine that. What with the war on
drugs and all that, you'd think maybe it would occur to someone that an
American presence in the world's leading opium producing neighborhood might
not be a bad idea.......right? Hell, send in the Army, sez I! Time to
clean up the corruption and stop the careless disdain for the rule of
law........right?

Speaking of which, next, there's a gubernatorial candidate in Louisiana
who's running on a platform of reform. Seems he thinks that graft,
swindling, office peddling, back room favors, patronage, embezzlement and
outright theft aren't exactly exemplary governance policies in an American
state in the 21st. century. Boy, has HE got a lot to learn.....huh? Shut
up, dicklet.....just SHUT UP! NOBODY with anything that bears a close
family resemblance to something like sense gives a **** what you don't have
to say!

More? Oh, HELL yes, there's more! It seems that Bob Marley and his band
(HEY! LEAVE THE ****ING WHALES ALONE, HUH?!!!!) owe a large debt to none
other than Eric Clapton (Clapton?.......Afghanistan?......poppies?......is
there anybody here who does NOT ****ing get it????!!!!!!) because he shot a
cop or something.

So?

How the hell would *I* know? Presumably, there's a point......or something.
Go ask Ben whateverthehellhisnameis......he's still out there somewhere.

The cops in Denver have stopped looking for the guy who shot up a bunch of
people today because.......wait for it.......they can't find him. I
dunno......maybe they should be looking for Ben......or maybe ASK
HIM......where the shooter is.

The POTUS (thank you Tom Clancy......and dicklet) got a kink in his dick
because some reporter said hey you look kinda down in the dumps. Oh yeah?
whattya got a psych 101 degree from the southern mississippi school of ziggy
fraud or sumpthin?

Wolfgang
who knows that the problem with murrica isn't that u.s. senators plead
guilty to hanging out in truck stops looking to rent a dick.....or that the
cops in the neighborhood spend their time in truck stops with their dicks
hanging out........it's that the new york/hollywood liberal/jew media report
this stuff.

Old December 10th, 2007, 12:44 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tom Littleton

"Wolfgang" wrote in message
[...]

do I smell Jambalaya burning?
Tom

Old December 10th, 2007, 12:51 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
JR

Wolfgang wrote:

...So, it seems I misundertstanded. It isn't "A" hospital somewhere in
America......this is STANDARD PRACTICE! Or, rather, standard NON-practice.
NOBODY!!!! has a check list! Isweartagod I am NOT making this **** up!

What?! So you want to reduce doctors to the level of, oh, what?,
airline pilots?

Philistine.

- JR
Old December 10th, 2007, 01:06 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Jim Edmondson

Hello Wolfgang,

a bunch of rambling ...

I understand that you can talk back to these cutting edge radios and it makes
you feel better. As an additional benefit to you, it is quicker than typing
all of this **** and as a side benefit to us dedicated fly fishers, we don't
have to waste our time reading your incognito OT posts.

Old December 10th, 2007, 01:08 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Opus--Mark H. Bowen

"JR" wrote in message
Wolfgang wrote:

...So, it seems I misundertstanded. It isn't "A" hospital somewhere in
America......this is STANDARD PRACTICE! Or, rather, standard
NON-practice. NOBODY!!!! has a check list! Isweartagod I am NOT making
this **** up! .....

What?! So you want to reduce doctors to the level of, oh, what?,
airline pilots?

Philistine.

- JR

Yeah, and he apparently wants to ****-up my opium connection too!

****in' Cheeze-Whiz Head!

Op --Formally of Addicts Is Us, Informally of Addicts Against
Interdictions--

Old December 10th, 2007, 01:12 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
rw

You don't learn.

Better check that Jambalaya.

Old December 10th, 2007, 01:26 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Russell D.

Jim Edmondson wrote:
Hello Wolfgang,

a bunch of rambling ...

I understand that you can talk back to these cutting edge radios and it
makes you feel better. As an additional benefit to you, it is quicker
than typing all of this **** and as a side benefit to us dedicated fly
fishers, we don't have to waste our time reading your incognito OT posts.

And the person who held the gun to your head was?

Russell
Old December 10th, 2007, 02:44 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Jim Edmondson

Hello Russell D.,

Jim Edmondson wrote:

Hello Wolfgang,

a bunch of rambling ...

I understand that you can talk back to these cutting edge radios and
it makes you feel better. As an additional benefit to you, it is
quicker than typing all of this **** and as a side benefit to us
dedicated fly fishers, we don't have to waste our time reading your
incognito OT posts.

And the person who held the gun to your head was?

Russell

the same person that held the gun to your head

Old December 10th, 2007, 04:03 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid[_2_]

I understand that you can talk back to these cutting edge radios and it makes
you feel better. As an additional benefit to you, it is quicker than typing
all of this **** and as a side benefit to us dedicated fly fishers, we don't
have to waste our time reading your incognito OT posts.

Incognito? Wasn't he a center for the Cornhuskers? Hey guy, guess
what? Wolfgang is his NAME! Wow, what a concept.
Frank Reid
(which is really an alias)

Old December 10th, 2007, 04:12 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
MajorOz

On Dec 9, 6:44 pm, "Tom Littleton" wrote:
"Wolfgang" wrote in message

O.k., so, here I am on the cutting edge of the electronic age. Yep,
that's right, I went out last weekend and bought myself a "radio" ((R), I
[...]

....no

The smell is sweeter, with a slight pungency, as if he didn't dry the
leaves before rolling.

cheers

oz