Spam

Old December 28th, 2004, 10:15 PM
Joshuall

Default Spam

Does anyone remember that ole Monty Python skit ? In a Diner for breakfast
and the waitress is listing the breakfast options and they were like
Eggs and Spam
Eggs, bacon, toast and Spam
Spam and Eggs
Eggs spam and spam.
Spam, spam and spam.

I know this sounds "off topic" but a recent post reminded me of it and I
just can't keep from giggling about it. Spam sure is funny if ya let the
concept get to ya.

Personally, I thought the offer was very nice.

--
God Bless America

Josh The Bad Bear

Old December 28th, 2004, 10:21 PM
Scott Seidman

"Joshuall" wrote in
:

Does anyone remember that ole Monty Python skit ? In a Diner for
breakfast and the waitress is listing the breakfast options and they
were like Eggs and Spam
Eggs, bacon, toast and Spam
Spam and Eggs
Eggs spam and spam.
Spam, spam and spam.

I know this sounds "off topic" but a recent post reminded me of it and
I just can't keep from giggling about it. Spam sure is funny if ya let
the concept get to ya.

Personally, I thought the offer was very nice.

--
God Bless America

Josh The Bad Bear

The use of "spam" as unwanted electronic advertising comes directly from
that skit. It's supposed to remind you of that, because that's where it
comes from.

Scott

Old December 28th, 2004, 10:50 PM
Dan, danl, danny boy, Redbeard, actually Greybeard

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 16:15:48 -0600, "Joshuall"
sent into the ether:

Does anyone remember that ole Monty Python skit ? In a Diner for breakfast
and the waitress is listing the breakfast options and they were like
Eggs and Spam
Eggs, bacon, toast and Spam
Spam and Eggs
Eggs spam and spam.
Spam, spam and spam.

I know this sounds "off topic" but a recent post reminded me of it and I
just can't keep from giggling about it. Spam sure is funny if ya let the
concept get to ya.

Personally, I thought the offer was very nice.

That Monty Python skit/bit is/was one of the best ever. I miss their
reruns.

Did you ever hear of Firesign Theatre? One of my favorites is "Don't
Crush That Dwarf, Hand Me The Pliers".

Remove the x for e-mail reply
www.outdoorfrontiers.com
www.SecretWeaponLures.com
Old December 28th, 2004, 11:13 PM
John Kerr

I kinda like fried spam....guess it was those old navy days. But the
dried eggs, and powdered milk (reconstituted) took some getting use to
.

P.S., Powdered chocolate milk is better than powdered white milk...but
not on cereal...jmo

JK

Old December 29th, 2004, 07:04 AM
theotherBob

"Dan, danl, danny boy, Redbeard, actually Greybeard now"
wrote in message

That Monty Python skit/bit is/was one of the best ever. I miss their
reruns.

Did you ever hear of Firesign Theatre? One of my favorites is "Don't
Crush That Dwarf, Hand Me The Pliers".

Reruns??!! We don't need no stinkin' reruns!!
Hey danl, I suppose I shouldn't be telling you, since I am only about 2
hours down river from you, that I have the entire Monty Python Flying Circus
on DVD! 14 disks to be exact. If you want, check out AandE.com, as they are
the ones that put it out. Says so right on the packaging. But my feeble
brain is trying to tell me that the wifey ordered it from Rhino???

"Firesign Theatre"!! Now you did it. Gonna have to go out and buy a new
turntable (my old one puked about 2 years ago) so that I can listen to all
of the Firesign vinyl albums that are sitting in the other room.

How about the "Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band" with "Legs" Larry Smith, Neil Innes,
Viv Stanshall, and others, "I'm Just an Urban Spaceman", etc.

For anyone who was a child of the '60's and '70's and had friends who may
have partaken of some illicit substances, there is "The Child's Garden of
Grass". Though I have no personal experience (ahem, I refuse to answer on
the grounds that fishing is a WHOLE lot more fun, AND mind altering :-),
this is an absolutely hysterical work of art.

Oh gawd!! Help me, I'm sinking into a morass of youthful flashbacks!!
REO Speedwagon, Styx, Cheap Trick, Ted Nugent and the Amboy Dukes. All
garage bands from around the Chicago area of my youth.
The Aragon Ballroom and the Amphitheater!!!
Summertime concerts at Soldier Field!

danl, if I ever pull out of this mindset of my youth, I'll get even with
you, somehow, when you least expect it!

Bob
sinking further (blub)

Old December 29th, 2004, 07:09 AM
Rob Storm

that I have the entire Monty Python Flying Circus
on DVD! 14 disks to be exact.

Me too, and a great 14 disks it is-- also King Arthur and the Quest for the
Holy Grail, Life of Brian, and The Meaning of Life.

Wink, wink,
nudge, nudge,
Say no more,
say no more.