15th March

Old March 15th, 2005, 04:26 PM
George Houston

Default 15th March

So, how was it for you?

Went out today - in the rain - air temp started out at 4C and finished at
10C. Water very high and fully coloured. Caught three trees and six loose
branches.

Ah, well - at least there were some stonefly hatches, which bodes well for
when the river is a bit lower.

Good fun though.

--
Harper Blue

you call it a rut, I call it a groove

www.bluescondition.btinternet.co.uk

Old March 15th, 2005, 05:43 PM
W. D. Grey

In article , George Houston
writes
So, how was it for you?

Went out today - in the rain - air temp started out at 4C and finished at
10C. Water very high and fully coloured. Caught three trees and six loose
branches.

Ah, well - at least there were some stonefly hatches, which bodes well for
when the river is a bit lower.

Good fun though.

Here on the R. Tawe in Swansea, the river is very low with nothing
showing at all. The temperature isn't too bad though.

--
Bill Grey
http://www.billboy.co.uk
Old March 15th, 2005, 11:05 PM
suspicious minds

"W. D. Grey" wrote in message
In article , George Houston
writes
So, how was it for you?

Went out today - in the rain - air temp started out at 4C and finished at
10C. Water very high and fully coloured. Caught three trees and six loose
branches.

Ah, well - at least there were some stonefly hatches, which bodes well for
when the river is a bit lower.

Good fun though.

Here on the R. Tawe in Swansea, the river is very low with nothing showing
at all. The temperature isn't too bad though.

--
Bill Grey
http://www.billboy.co.uk

There are sporadic hatches of olives in early afternoon, although very few
trout are rising and as Bill says the water is low and very clear, water
temp appears cold to me.

Old March 16th, 2005, 08:42 AM
George Houston

"suspicious minds" wrote in message

"W. D. Grey" wrote in message
[...]

Sorry, should have said where I am - fishing the Eden in Fife - a much
smaller river than the Cumbrian Eden, and subject to rainfall swell
overnight - as happened - (Typical) just before going out.

Old March 16th, 2005, 09:31 PM
suspicious minds

"W. D. Grey" wrote in message
[...]

After the rains the river is now much higher, 4-5ft perhaps, very dirty and
the water temperature should be slightly higher. When the level drops the
situation should improve

Old March 17th, 2005, 12:11 PM
W. D. Grey

In article , suspicious minds
writes

"W. D. Grey" wrote in message
In article , George Houston
writes
So, how was it for you?

Went out today - in the rain - air temp started out at 4C and finished at
10C. Water very high and fully coloured. Caught three trees and six loose
branches.

Ah, well - at least there were some stonefly hatches, which bodes well for
when the river is a bit lower.

Good fun though.

Here on the R. Tawe in Swansea, the river is very low with nothing showing
at all. The temperature isn't too bad though.

--
Bill Grey
http://www.billboy.co.uk

There are sporadic hatches of olives in early afternoon, although very few
trout are rising and as Bill says the water is low and very clear, water
temp appears cold to me.

Since writing the above we've had a spate and this should have cleared
out any debris - Tesco Trolleys and other junk in the river :-)
--
Bill Grey
http://www.billboy.co.uk
Old March 20th, 2005, 04:05 PM
suspicious minds

"W. D. Grey" wrote in message
[...]

Asda are the latest brand I've dragged out recently

Old March 22nd, 2005, 10:19 AM
Alec Powell

Since writing the above we've had a spate and this should have cleared out
any debris - Tesco Trolleys and other junk in the river :-)
--
Bill Grey
http://www.billboy.co.uk

Asda are the latest brand I've dragged out recently

Well seeing as how Asda were selling farmed rainbows as "English River
Trout" can you enlighten me as to what methods you use to catch their
"Welsh River Trolleys" please :-)
Alec
--
Alec and Valerie Powell Watlington Oxon. UK

Web Pages:
http://www.prole.demon.co.uk/

Old March 22nd, 2005, 04:48 PM
suspicious minds

"Alec Powell" wrote in message
news
Since writing the above we've had a spate and this should have cleared
out
any debris - Tesco Trolleys and other junk in the river :-)
--
Bill Grey
http://www.billboy.co.uk

Asda are the latest brand I've dragged out recently

Well seeing as how Asda were selling farmed rainbows as "English River
Trout" can you enlighten me as to what methods you use to catch their
"Welsh River Trolleys" please :-)
Alec

The following method has worked successfuly for me
Locate trolley, carefully wade into river, grip trolley with both hands
then carry / drag it out of water and away from river bank. PS dont forget
to submit your catch returns to the appropriate superstore letting them know
the exact location of capture amd point of release.:-)

Old March 22nd, 2005, 07:22 PM
Sandy Birrell

suspicious minds wrote:
The following method has worked successfuly for me
Locate trolley, carefully wade into river, grip trolley with both hands
then carry / drag it out of water and away from river bank. PS dont
forget to submit your catch returns to the appropriate superstore
letting them know the exact location of capture amd point of release.:-)

and return policy, unless you take it home

--

Don`t Worry, Be Happy
Sandy