Anyone know about the Temple Fork rods?

Old April 24th, 2005, 05:40 AM
Novi

Default Anyone know about the Temple Fork rods?

I have only been at this for a few years, built my first rod in 8 wt. and am
looking for a lighter 5 wt. I wanted something inexpensive, and I don't have
the time to build another rod. The local dealer just brought in the Temple
Fork Series I, I wanted to know what anyone has heard about them or if you
have any recommendations for a rod around the $100 U.S. range.

Thanks

Old April 24th, 2005, 08:39 AM
Thomas Schreiber

Novi wrote:
I have only been at this for a few years, built my first rod in 8 wt. and am
looking for a lighter 5 wt. I wanted something inexpensive, and I don't have
the time to build another rod. The local dealer just brought in the Temple
Fork Series I, I wanted to know what anyone has heard about them or if you
have any recommendations for a rod around the $100 U.S. range.

Thanks

Nice rods, lifetime warranty but they're rather heavy :-/

Dont know if the guarantee covers blanks too.

--
Thomas Schreiber
http://schreiber.se

"Shut down your computer and go out and plant a tree"
Old April 24th, 2005, 01:11 PM
Big Dale

I like them. I haven't bought another one since last night at out
Dallas Flyfishers Club auction. I have a whole stack of them and I
prefer the Pro Series which are 4 piece rods. They are not especialy
pretty rods, but I like the way they cast. I like the way Rick Pope
runs his business. I have known him for years and he stands by his
product. I did something stupid a few months ago and brought the broken
rod to his warehouse and was expected to throw the ball for one of the
three dogs that were at work that day before I could leave after they
fixed my screwup for free. I don't know how you could beat that for
customer service. He also gave me a hand full of head cement, line
dressings, and a few other items. That Hard As Hull head cement is a
great product as well. I don't use head cement very often, but that is
the brand I have been using for the past year or so. Conan The
Librarian bought one of the series one 3 weight rods a year or so ago
if I remember correctly. I think he liked it so much he bought one of
their 5 weight rods, but I don't remember which series rod that one
was. I think too few of us buy the 2 piece rods anymore. a 9 foot rod
is a 9 foot rod when you are fishing. It dosen't matter much how many
pieces the rod is in. I have been buying 4 piece rods for years simply
because they strap to the motorcycle easily. I realised the other day
that my "new" BMW motorcycle is now 19 years old.

Big Dale

Old April 24th, 2005, 01:12 PM
Peter A. Collin

Novi wrote:
I have only been at this for a few years, built my first rod in 8 wt. and am
looking for a lighter 5 wt. I wanted something inexpensive, and I don't have
the time to build another rod. The local dealer just brought in the Temple
Fork Series I, I wanted to know what anyone has heard about them or if you
have any recommendations for a rod around the $100 U.S. range.

Thanks

I have one that I acquired at at TU banquet. Fished it a couple times.
it is a 9 foot 5 weight. it casts very well, and i raher like it.
Does not feel like a cheapie. I don't know what about the comment of
them being heavy. i often fish bamboo, so all graphite feels like a
feather to me.

Pete Collin
Old April 24th, 2005, 04:26 PM
slenon

I really like the two I have. I have a TiCr 8 wt and a TiCr-X 6 wt that
seem to fit my casting style.

For the price, I don't think there is anything better on the market.

--
Stev Lenon 91B20 '68-'69
When the dawn came up like thunder

http://web.tampabay.rr.com/stevglo/i...age92kword.htm

Old April 24th, 2005, 09:17 PM
Larry L

"Big Dale" wrote in message

I like them.

I got a TFO 'pro' 4pc 3wt based on your opinion last year .... nice rod,
like it better than a similar line sized S___ I have, just as delicate, more
butt power for fighting real fish. But, while fishing a TFO, I've never
had a beautiful woman come up and ask to stroke my rod the way Winston users
claim happens to them G

Old April 24th, 2005, 10:49 PM
Big Dale

I don't see much advertising from Temple Fork and none of it features a
gal with a great looking ass like the one in the Hardy ads.

Big Dale

Old April 25th, 2005, 12:57 AM

I like the TFOs that I have quite a bit. They're pretty much all I've
been using since the first one I bought. Used the guarantee 3 times no
problem. I broke my 9 weight twice trying to land sal****er fish and
both times it was my fault.

bruce h

Old April 25th, 2005, 01:25 AM
Wayne Knight

wrote in message
oups.com...

Used the guarantee 3 times no
problem. I broke my 9 weight twice trying to land sal****er fish and
both times it was my fault

Judging by the number of times people have posted they've had to use the
warranty but "it was their fault", one could thing TFO rod users were the
most careless users of fly rods in the world.