So Who Out There is Snow Bound?

Old January 19th, 2006, 03:49 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Default So Who Out There is Snow Bound?

Nyah Nyah Nyah...

Fishing has been a little bit slow here, but I have yet to have a zero day.
Caught three keepers and missed one last Saturday. Also spotted two big ole
sows that I'll be going back for this weekend. I'll be fishing the next
three days on the river. ABA open on Saturday and Yuma Pro Am season opener
on Sunday. Got a buddy borrowing my little boat for the Yuma Pro Am so I
figured we would go out and let him practice with it and get a feel for it a
little bit on Friday.

Cranking has been a slow bite, but I imagine you can crank good locations
slowly all day long and get a limit. We (my partner got two of them)
flipped three and cranked three last time out. One was short and I just
plain missed one on a senko. I pulled it out of his mouth. GAH!

--
Bob La Londe
http://www.YumaBassMan.com

Old January 19th, 2006, 04:37 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Bob La Londe wrote:
Nyah Nyah Nyah...
snip

Man, that's cruel. I think I'll take up a collection
from all the cold weather folks and buy you a fly
fishing lesson in a Chinese restaurant. ;-)

I was supposed to be in Minnesota trout fishing right
now but my wife won't let me drive. I went to the eye
doctor last month and I have cataracts real bad. I've
got to have two surgeries in February and she won't
let me have car keys until afterwards. On the bright
side (pun intended ;-) there's a real good chance I'll
have at least 20/25 vision in both eyes after surgery
so I won't need to wear glasses for distance just reading.
That'll be weird, I've worn glasses since third grade.

Me and the hound will be on the stream before Minnesota
winter season ends on March 31 come hell or high water !

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old January 19th, 2006, 11:32 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Bob La Londe wrote:
Nyah Nyah Nyah...

Fishing has been a little bit slow here, but I have yet to have a zero day.

By all rights, I SHOULD be snowbound, but it was 50 yesterday and 53
here today, and all the snow we got on the weekend is history. Supposed
to stay warm right through Saturday -- in fact, it might hit 60 this
weekend. We've had a lot of rain, so the river impoundments are way too
muddy to fish when the water temp is in the 30s. But C'wood is open, at
least up at the 2 northernmost launches, and I fully expect to be out
there looking for smallies on Saturday.

Old January 20th, 2006, 05:56 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

"RichZ" wrote in message
Bob La Londe wrote:
Nyah Nyah Nyah...

Fishing has been a little bit slow here, but I have yet to have a zero
day.

By all rights, I SHOULD be snowbound, but it was 50 yesterday and 53 here
today, and all the snow we got on the weekend is history. Supposed to stay
warm right through Saturday -- in fact, it might hit 60 this weekend.
We've had a lot of rain, so the river impoundments are way too muddy to
fish when the water temp is in the 30s. But C'wood is open, at least up at
the 2 northernmost launches, and I fully expect to be out there looking
for smallies on Saturday.

I am hoping for no rain tomorrow and the weekend. Trip to Napa and the Wine
Train and a B&B for the anniversary. Helps later to suck up now!

Old January 20th, 2006, 02:14 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
Nyah Nyah Nyah...

Fishing has been a little bit slow here, but I have yet to have a zero
day. Caught three keepers and missed one last Saturday. Also spotted two
big ole sows that I'll be going back for this weekend. I'll be fishing
the next three days on the river. ABA open on Saturday and Yuma Pro Am
season opener on Sunday. Got a buddy borrowing my little boat for the
Yuma Pro Am so I figured we would go out and let him practice with it and
get a feel for it a little bit on Friday.

Cranking has been a slow bite, but I imagine you can crank good locations
slowly all day long and get a limit. We (my partner got two of them)
flipped three and cranked three last time out. One was short and I just
plain missed one on a senko. I pulled it out of his mouth. GAH!

Well, fishing has been hard here. Snow, ice and cold have made it tough,
and I don't really like ice-fishing, so once hunting season ended, I've been
fairly snowbound. But, on the bright side, one of Rhinelander's own, and
also one of Janet's customers at the coffee shop is on the Olympic Cross
Country Ski team representing the United States! Chris Cook has done very
well in the snow and cold!
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Old January 22nd, 2006, 09:15 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Well, me for one......

or maybe more accurately - somewhat snow snowbound.

We hade about 12" on the ground, but a 3 wk thaw starting right
before Christmas melted 60-70% of it. We've got anywhere from
bare ground to 4-5" of real crunchy stuff left.

Spent last Saturday and Sunday on the ice, fishing pannies - got
10-12 sunnies on Sunday, but really had to work for them.

I was out today checking the ice on one of the small streams I fish
during sof****er. One pool wasn't walkable (about 1.5"), the other two
had 6-8" of ice.

Even once the ice thaws, its no bass until Memorial Day wkend - closed
season.

Jim