Temple Fork PRO Series

Old March 14th, 2004, 05:04 PM
John

Default Temple Fork PRO Series

Hi
I fish with Orvis, T&T and Sage rods.

I'm thinking of buying a Temple Fork PRO Series rod. They say this rod
competes with pricier rods. Is this true?

Thank you, John

This mailbox protected from junk email by Matador

Old March 14th, 2004, 05:09 PM
Wayne Knight

"John" wrote in message
Hi
I fish with Orvis, T&T and Sage rods.

I'm thinking of buying a Temple Fork PRO Series rod. They say this rod
competes with pricier rods. Is this true?

Some say yes, some say no...only you can decide for yourself.

Old March 14th, 2004, 05:10 PM
Mike Connor

"John" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Hi
I fish with Orvis, T&T and Sage rods.

I'm thinking of buying a Temple Fork PRO Series rod. They say this rod
competes with pricier rods. Is this true?

Thank you, John

Depends on who says it, and what you expect of it. If you expect to get a
1000$ rod for 100$ you will be disappointed.

TL
MC

Old March 14th, 2004, 05:31 PM
riverman

"Mike Connor" wrote in message

"John" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Hi
I fish with Orvis, T&T and Sage rods.

I'm thinking of buying a Temple Fork PRO Series rod. They say this rod
competes with pricier rods. Is this true?

Thank you, John

Depends on who says it, and what you expect of it. If you expect to get a
1000$ rod for 100$ you will be disappointed.

On the other hand, if you want a $100 rod for $1000, email me.

--riverman
(and you may or may not be disappointed...)

Old March 14th, 2004, 11:02 PM
Frank Reid

I'm thinking of buying a Temple Fork PRO Series rod. They say this rod
competes with pricier rods. Is this true?

Well, last month I bought a St Croix Legend Ultra (hey, they're being
discontinued, so they're on sale) 4wt to replace my Loomis 4wt after casting
the TFO Pro and a few others. It (the TFO) is a good rod and equivalent to
the Loomis, but felt like it was "rattling." Today, at the Ft Washington PA
fly show, I just cast and immediately bought the ADG Titanium 8' 4wt. About
the same price as the TFO, but I was able to load the rod with 5' and 60' of
line. It cast like a dream. I side-by-side tried it against T&T, Sage and
Scott, IMHO, it beat them all.
I've never bought a rod on such short notice. This thing felt like nothing
I've ever casted before. The designer and owner of the company, Mr. Ahn,
walked me through the construction, AFTER I HAD CAST IT. I was already
hooked. One telling thing was the number of vendors and guides that I saw
picking them up and using them in their casting demonstrations.
By the way, until today, I'd never heard of them and have no connection with
the company. You might want to check them out. www.titaniumflyrods.com
--
Frank Reid
Reverse email to reply

Old March 15th, 2004, 09:34 AM
troutbum_mt

Dave Martel wrote...
On no--old #12 is coming back?? G

Ol'#12 fished better than many of the new rods that I have recently
tried. :-(
--
Warren
(use troutbum_mt (at) yahoo to reply via email)
Old March 15th, 2004, 06:20 PM
Willi

John wrote:
Hi
I fish with Orvis, T&T and Sage rods.

I'm thinking of buying a Temple Fork PRO Series rod. They say this rod
competes with pricier rods. Is this true?

Thank you, John

If the Pro is their TiCr rod, it's a fast, powerful rod. It's decently
finished, not like a Winston or a T&T but comparable to a Sage. The rod
case it comes in is worthless.

Willi

Old March 15th, 2004, 08:55 PM
slenon

If the Pro is their TiCr rod, it's a fast, powerful rod. It's decently
finished, not like a Winston or a T&T but comparable to a Sage. The rod
case it comes in is worthless.
Willi

That's puzzling. My TiCR came with a quite adequate aluminum tube.

--
Stev Lenon 91B20 '68-'69
Drowning flies to Dark Star

http://web.tampabay.rr.com/stevglo/i...age92kword.htm

Old March 16th, 2004, 02:45 AM
steve sullivan

In article ,
"Frank Reid" moc.deepselbac@diersicnarf wrote:

[...]

Hi Frank, I have a ADG titanium 7/8 weight and I love it. I love all of
ADG's products (I have reels, waders, and a rod).

My titanium that cost me $500 is many times better than my tfo that cost
me $89.