Fish finders

Old August 9th, 2004, 03:01 PM
Bob Hewitt

Default Fish finders

Hi, All,

OK Guys, here's one for the high tech fisherpersons (?) out there.

Has anyone bought, borrowed or used one of the new breed of wris****ch type
fishfinder devices and how was it, did it work, a load of rubbish, or
whatever. Are these devices doomed to go the way of 'Fish n Strips?'

All comments gratefully received.

Cheers all,

Bob Hewitt

Old August 9th, 2004, 07:07 PM
Bob Hewitt

I suppose I should have specified what sort I was on about - the ones that
are used from the shore...

Old August 9th, 2004, 09:41 PM
Derek.Moody

In article , Bob Hewitt
wrote:
I suppose I should have specified what sort I was on about - the ones that
are used from the shore...

I can't think of any reason to use them - if the fish are there and taking
you'll find out in the usual way, if they're there but not taking they may
as well not be there as thw result is going to be the same.

A fish finder is only really of use if you are under way and pass over a
shoal...

Bankside finders are just another gimmick to part anglers fron their cash
Imo.

Cheerio,

Old August 9th, 2004, 10:01 PM
Bob Hewitt

Yes, that's the one. Is it any good?

"Pete" wrote in message
Like this Bob?

http://www.fish-finder-review.com/fi...er-watch.shtml

Pete
Remove the Hook to reply via e-mail

Old August 9th, 2004, 10:01 PM
Bob Hewitt

Old August 9th, 2004, 10:49 PM
Pete

Old August 9th, 2004, 10:49 PM
Pete

Old August 10th, 2004, 12:34 PM
Pete

I.m unsure as to how useful this would be in a real fishing situation,
Although I don't doubt that it works as stated, I think there's just a
little gimmick value attached to it. I have not seen one used but I'll ask
our fishing friends in our forum for you and see what they say

http://www.castandcatch.com