OT Karma Catches Up With Cheats

Old February 5th, 2008, 04:59 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
rb608

Default OT Karma Catches Up With Cheats

On Feb 5, 11:02*am, Ken Fortenberry
The NFL is a multi-billion dollar business that enjoys an
anti-trust exemption. It is certainly within the rights of
the US Congress to investigate that business if there is an
appearance that it it is not being conducted on the up and up.
You yourself have admitted not being fully trusting of the
games integrity.

That's all true; but the rules broken do not seem to me to have any
relation to the NFL's anti-trust status. What the Pats did wasn't
fraud, nor were any criminal statutes involved that I've heard. No
illegal drugs were involved. It has nothing to do with how the NFL
conducts business, only with how it enforced the rules of the game.

The Pats cheated. Yeah, it smells bad; but I really don't see the
Federal case here that warrants the weight and attention of the
Senate. Now, illegal destruction of tapes showing US personnel
torturing a captive; *that* would be worth a hearing or two.

Joe F.

(Is that what they call a non-sequitur? :-)
Old February 5th, 2008, 05:20 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
AKSkim[_38_]

The '72 fish...

Lets not forget that the entire run that season they played only TWO
TEAMS with 500 records...

Hey, lets not have the facts get in the way of a good bedtime story...

As always, good to see Mercury Morris out on parole.
Hope it lasts longer this time.

AK Skim

--
AKSkim

*.... Red Sox Nation *and the rest of MLB
#1 in posts scrubbed, -144 and still counting.-
*Winner of the NEFF 2007 Most Prestigious Award*
Congratulations to the Super Bowl Champions
New York Football Giants.
Old February 5th, 2008, 06:42 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tom Nakashima

"AKSkim" wrote in message

The '72 fish...

Lets not forget that the entire run that season they played only TWO
TEAMS with 500 records...

AKSkim

Well not the entire run, but regular season they played two teams
that were 7-7 .500.

Regular season:
Vikings at 7-7
Kansas City Chiefs at 8-6
NY Giants at 8-6
I believe there was one more 7-7 team.

In the playoffs:
Cleveland Browns 10-4
Pittsburgh Steelers 10-3-1

Super Bowl:
Washington Redskins 11-3
-tom

Old February 5th, 2008, 09:25 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Danl[_3_]

"Tom Nakashima" wrote in message

"AKSkim" wrote in message

The '72 fish...

Lets not forget that the entire run that season they played only TWO
TEAMS with 500 records...

Correct. However they played some other teams that had a beeter than .500
record. See Tom's reply.

AKSkim

Well not the entire run, but regular season they played two teams
that were 7-7 .500.

Regular season:
Vikings at 7-7
Kansas City Chiefs at 8-6
NY Giants at 8-6
I believe there was one more 7-7 team.

Correct: the Jets were 7-7 and the Dolphins played them twice.

In the playoffs:
Cleveland Browns 10-4
Pittsburgh Steelers 10-3-1

Super Bowl:
Washington Redskins 11-3
-tom

.......for a total of 8 games out of 16 played against teams that were .500
or better. Hey, but lets not let verifiable facts ruin the ruination of a
good bedtime story....

Danl

Who, apparently unlike some others, has access to Usenet *AND* Google.

Old February 6th, 2008, 08:24 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
rw

Tom Nakashima wrote:
"Tom Littleton" wrote in message

"Ken Fortenberry" wrote in message
y.net...

I wouldn't be too sure about that. It's not just "nitwits" who
think that the NFL destroying evidence doesn't pass the smell
test.

so far, I've heard it from Specter and you, so which "non-
nitwits" are claiming this?
Tom

It is true Tom,
the last I've heard there might be a senate hearing. Commissioner Roger
Goodell is expected to meet with senator Arlen Specter soon. Of course
we all heard tapes have been destroyed, but they have the person who did
the actual filming for the Pats. How much he talks is uncertain. Since 2007
spygate, new evidence has surfaced on the New England Pats from 2001,
filming the Rams workouts.
I don't think we've heard the last of spygate...time will tell.
-tom

This is the most ridiculous waste of time since the politicians started
demagoguing after Janet Jackson's boob was revealed for about one
nanosecond during a Super Bowl halftime show.

We're in two wars, neither of them going very well. We're in a housing
meltdown and related credit crunch, and are probably entering a
recession. Our simian president (ugh!) has proposed a 3 trillion-dollar
budget that guts health care and other domestic spending, while
entailing a 4 billion-dollar deficit because we have to fund the endless
and futile Iraq war. We're borrowing this money largely from China, with
whom we have a huge trade deficit.

Meanwhile, Osama bin Laden remains at large and is probably laughing
his ass off.

Old February 6th, 2008, 08:39 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
rw

rw wrote:

Our simian president (ugh!) has proposed a 3 trillion-dollar
budget that guts health care and other domestic spending, while
entailing a 4 billion-dollar deficit because we have to fund the endless
and futile Iraq war.

Correction: 400 billion-dollar deficit.

Old February 6th, 2008, 08:53 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
JR

rw wrote:

We're in two wars, neither of them going very well. We're in a housing
meltdown and related credit crunch, and are probably entering a
recession. Our simian president (ugh!) has proposed a 3 trillion-dollar
budget that guts health care and other domestic spending, while
entailing a 4 billion-dollar deficit because we have to fund the endless
and futile Iraq war. We're borrowing this money largely from China, with
whom we have a huge trade deficit.

Meanwhile, Osama bin Laden remains at large and is probably laughing
his ass off.

Wait. You're saying that stuff is as important as the NFL?

- JR
Old February 6th, 2008, 10:08 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
rw

JR wrote:
rw wrote:

We're in two wars, neither of them going very well. We're in a housing
meltdown and related credit crunch, and are probably entering a
recession. Our simian president (ugh!) has proposed a 3
trillion-dollar budget that guts health care and other domestic
spending, while entailing a 4 billion-dollar deficit because we have
to fund the endless and futile Iraq war. We're borrowing this money
largely from China, with whom we have a huge trade deficit.

Meanwhile, Osama bin Laden remains at large and is probably laughing
his ass off.

Wait. You're saying that stuff is as important as the NFL?

- JR

The NFL is over for the year. The other stuff is still going on.

Once more with the correction: a 400 billion-dollar deficit, gutting
domestic programs and funding this stupid ****ing war.