Larry hits the big time?

Old January 5th, 2007, 04:51 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly,rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
salmobytes

Default Larry hits the big time?

I started a new "Guest Tiers" hierarchy at Montana Riverboats.
Larry got the ball rolling:

http://montana-riverboats.com/Pages/...y_Schmitt.html

Thank you Larry. Nice work.

Old January 5th, 2007, 05:48 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly,rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Tim J.

salmobytes typed:
I started a new "Guest Tiers" hierarchy at Montana Riverboats.
Larry got the ball rolling:

http://montana-riverboats.com/Pages/...y_Schmitt.html

Thank you Larry. Nice work.

Some credit may be due Jack Gartside and his Gurgler pattern:
http://gula.org/roffswaps/swap.php?page=GS2004&id=15

That sequin seems like a nice addition.
--
TL,
Tim

Old January 6th, 2007, 05:01 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly,rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
salmobytes

Default More flies....

For what it's worth, I'd like to get more flies to publish. I want to
expand the
guest tiers section. I want it to be something like Danica's beautuful
site,
or Stan's fly swap archives, but with more disussion and explanation
surrounding each fly.

This will be slow to get off the ground, I'm sure. But I'll be working
on it.
If you have a fly you'd like to publish at Montana Riverboats dot com,
in the guest tiers pages, start by sending email to

I can't guarantee I'll use the flies. I want this to be a juried
collection.
The stuff I've got under the Montana Tiers section already (Al Troth,
Pat Barnes, Henry Wombacher, Franz Potts, Bob Jacklin, etc)
is already pretty darned good, and I'll be adding 2-3 more montana
tiers by the end of the winter.

Old January 6th, 2007, 06:28 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly,rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
W. D. Grey

In article , Tim J.
writes
salmobytes typed:
I started a new "Guest Tiers" hierarchy at Montana Riverboats.
Larry got the ball rolling:

http://montana-riverboats.com/Pages/.../Larry_Schmitt
/Larry_Schmitt.html

Thank you Larry. Nice work.

Some credit may be due Jack Gartside and his Gurgler pattern:
http://gula.org/roffswaps/swap.php?page=GS2004&id=15

That sequin seems like a nice addition.

Big Dale "Bling" must be great for C&R :-)
--
Bill Grey

Old January 7th, 2007, 02:09 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly,rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Larry and a Cat named Dub

His pattern had nothing to do with it. I was trying to duplicate the
spinning pattern the Hula popper which I have used a lot.
I had the pleasure of meeting Jack a while back. A very nice and
knowledgeable person
"W. D. Grey" wrote in message
In article , Tim J.
writes