NWC Full Results?

Old September 11th, 2006, 04:49 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
WARREN WOLK

Default NWC Full Results?

Got em?

Old September 11th, 2006, 06:04 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

"WARREN WOLK" wrote in message
Got em?

What do you want to know? There were 18 anglers fishing. 60 bass were
caught in total, with a combined weight of slightly over 116 pounds.
Average weight of the fish was 1.93333333 pounds. Interestingly enough, 30
fish were caught each day and the weights were just over 58 pounds per day.

The full field of anglers weighed in as follows:

Brandon I. - 0 lb. 0 oz. (1 fish)
Terry B. - 1 lb. 7 oz. (1 fish)
Dan B. - 1 lb. 10 oz. (1 fish)
Gil D. - 3 lb. 0 oz. (2 fish)
Jim H. - 3lb. 1 oz. - (2 fish)
Jess - 3 lb. 5 oz. - (2 fish)
Scott M. - 4 lb. 0 oz. (2 fish)
Kevin H. - 4 lb. 0 oz. (2 fish)
Jim L. - 4 lb. 4 oz. (2 fish)
Rich - 5 lb. 7 oz. (2 fish)
Dave J. - 5 lb. 12 oz. (3 fish)
Joe H. - 9 lb. 0 oz. (5 fish)
Chris S. - 9 lb. 13 oz. (4 fish)
Jason - 10 lb. 0 oz. (5 fish)
Ronnie G. - 12 lb. 1 oz. (6 fish)
Chris R. - 12 lb. 4 oz. (7 fish)
Gary W. - 13 lb. 6 oz. (7 fish)
Steve H. - 14 lb. 7 oz. (6 fish)

Big Bass was caught by me, a smallmouth that weighed 3 lb. 7 oz.

Largest Non-Bass was caught by Joe H., a 35" muskie.

I can't think of anything else, can you?
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Old September 11th, 2006, 08:17 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Charles B. Summers

Those are some pretty impressive numbers! I think the first NWC I was
attended, my second place total was only 3.0lbs! The Northwoods Classic has
some a LONG way Steve! Congratulations everyone!

I really hated to miss out... and really wanted to fish with Brandon in his
new Nitro. Things right now are just not too good for me, but after the
18th... I'll begin seeing the light at the end of the tunnel and hopefully
still have a little hair left. LOL It may be grey, but as long as it's still
there...

Getting ready to start boat shopping too! I may wait until January to get
serious about it though. All the good boat shows start then...

"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" wrote in
message ...

Old September 11th, 2006, 09:37 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
WARREN WOLK

Thanks Steve, I just ewanted the whole picture, nothing more.

Charles the best boat deals are traditionally right now, at the end of the
season.

Warren

Old September 11th, 2006, 09:42 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

Thanks Steve, I just ewanted the whole picture, nothing more.

Charles the best boat deals are traditionally right now, at the end of the
season.

It was interesting to fish Boom this year. We had totally different weather
conditions from one day to the next, yet many people brought in keeper bass.
Different patterns worked well for different anglers. I couldn't buy a bite
in the weeds, yet others were bringing in keepers that were caught in the
weeds. I found my fish in mid to deep water, relative to Boom. Another
thing I noticed was that just about everyone had a tale of an encounter with
a big bass.

You missed a good one Warren,

Old September 11th, 2006, 10:09 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Chris Rennert

I fished the same pattern two days, using the same bait on two different
rods, just had different weights on each. Both days , a very slow and
deliberate approach produced all my fish. I can tell you I caught every
single legal I had on the same bait.
I unfortunately didn't have an encounter with a big bass, but the
stories I heard were definitely impressive, especially Dave's.

Chris

Old September 12th, 2006, 01:40 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Charles Summers

"WARREN WOLK" wrote in message
Thanks Steve, I just ewanted the whole picture, nothing more.

Charles the best boat deals are traditionally right now, at the end of the
season.

Warren

There's really no "end of season" around here. People usually atlernate
between fishing and hunting as the hunting season arrives. Still, you can go
out on our lakes about anytime and see boats.

Old September 12th, 2006, 01:50 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

"Charles Summers" wrote in message

"WARREN WOLK" wrote in message
Thanks Steve, I just ewanted the whole picture, nothing more.

Charles the best boat deals are traditionally right now, at the end of
the season.

Warren

There's really no "end of season" around here. People usually atlernate
between fishing and hunting as the hunting season arrives. Still, you can
go out on our lakes about anytime and see boats.

So come on up here and buy a boat! Trust me, there is an end to the
season.....

Old September 12th, 2006, 01:21 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
gwilber

Default Nikki Nova Set 006

I also want to thank Steve and Janet for another wonderful tournament.
They work very hard at this and it always is enjoyable. I did find out
this year why Steve would make a poor accountant. Just kidding Steve.
I had the pleasure on the first day of fishing with Scott. It was fun
watching his excitement as he caught bass and his "I'm not a losser"
dance after he boated his second keeper. Thank you Scott for
distracting Chris the second day although all I asked him to do was
mess up Chris's tackle. That brokeback bass fishing stuff must have
been his idea. I couldn't want to win bad enough to do that to anyone.
I can just picture Chris's face as Scott kept telling him "Gary put me
on bass, why can't you". The second day I got to fish with Steve's son
Jim. He kept everything in prespective as I saw my lead slipping away
with every fish that got off or broke me off. He kept telling me "I'm
having fun!". It was exciting as we were on fish but just couldn't get
them in the boat. We still ended up with two each although we both
could have limited out if our luck had been a little better. I will
never forget watching Joe make custom prototype spinnerbaits for people
out of the back of a minivan. Joe, I'll let you know how it works in a
couple of weeks. I had a great time and was happy to see Steve win
this year. Hope to see everyone next year.

Old September 12th, 2006, 02:32 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

Here's a link to some pictures from this year's NWC.

http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com/modu...ails&a lbum=2