hazel creek entry bridge

Old October 14th, 2007, 11:02 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
jeff

Default hazel creek entry bridge

some folks who have been over to hazel creek probably never saw this
bridge. we usually motor over it as its typically under 4-6 feet of
water. because of the drought in western nc, the lake is far below
normal levels...

Old October 14th, 2007, 11:43 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Rodney Long

jeff wrote:
some folks who have been over to hazel creek probably never saw this
bridge. we usually motor over it as its typically under 4-6 feet of
water. because of the drought in western nc, the lake is far below
normal levels...

I can't believe they left it,, it would seam to be a major hazard to boats

--
SpecTastic Wiggle Rig,
Fishing lure remote control
Old October 15th, 2007, 03:23 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
JamesRay

Rodney Long wrote in
:

jeff wrote:
some folks who have been over to hazel creek probably never saw this
bridge. we usually motor over it as its typically under 4-6 feet of
water. because of the drought in western nc, the lake is far below
normal levels...

I can't believe they left it,, it would seam to be a major hazard to
boats

Especially when their are huge blocks of $pam floating just under the
surface.

Old October 15th, 2007, 11:41 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Willi

jeff wrote:
jeff wrote:
some folks who have been over to hazel creek probably never saw this
bridge. we usually motor over it as its typically under 4-6 feet of
water. because of the drought in western nc, the lake is far below
normal levels...

Those flows in the stream shots are REALLY low. Gonna be tough on the
fish if you don't get some moisture.

Willi
Old October 16th, 2007, 01:45 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
jeff

Willi wrote:

jeff wrote:
jeff wrote:

some folks who have been over to hazel creek probably never saw this
bridge. we usually motor over it as its typically under 4-6 feet of
water. because of the drought in western nc, the lake is far below
normal levels...

Those flows in the stream shots are REALLY low. Gonna be tough on the
fish if you don't get some moisture.

Willi

i think they have already been affected. i fished hazel about a week
before danl and i fished it together. did reasonably well, catching
plenty of the usual 9" rainbow on dries, though only in the faster and
deeper waters. when danl and i returned, water was lower (lake had
dropped at least 5 more feet on the shore where we tied up near hazel)
and warmer. we did poorly on the catching, though danl managed a nice
10" rainbow near the end of the day.

i didn't fish as much this trip...but i didn't catch as many fish as i
normally do either. during the last 3 days of the trip i didn't fish at
all because of the stream levels...other than my traditional end of the
vacation 10 minute fishing venture in the deep hole behind the cabin.

it's always a pretty place to be though...as charlie's photos attest. he
was supposed to take some from the top of the cherohala...and i hope to
see some of those photos (unless he's hoarding them for the coffee table
book g)

jeff

jeff
Old October 16th, 2007, 10:52 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Charlie Choc

On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 08:45:46 -0400, jeff wrote:

he
was supposed to take some from the top of the cherohala...and i hope to
see some of those photos (unless he's hoarding them for the coffee table
book g)

I didn't take many up there. The colors weren't quite there and when we drove
over it Monday morning all the pullouts were full of bear hunter's trucks and I
wasn't sure which way the gunfire would be coming from. ;-)
--
Charlie...
http://www.chocphoto.com
Old October 21st, 2007, 02:34 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Charlie Choc

On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 08:45:46 -0400, jeff wrote:

he
was supposed to take some from the top of the cherohala...and i hope to
see some of those photos

Here's one from the Cherohala, as you can see there wasn't a lot of color yet
when I was there.
--
Charlie...
http://www.chocphoto.com

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_LS25299.jpg
Views:	462
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	444
Old October 22nd, 2007, 08:39 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Wayne Harrison

wrote:

he
was supposed to take some from the top of the cherohala...and i hope to
see some of those photos

Here's one from the Cherohala, as you can see there wasn't a lot of color
yet
when I was there.
--
Charlie...
http://www.chocphoto.com

i believe i have an image taken from that exact spot when you and i
went up there in the defender during oct a few years ago. remarkable how
much more the leaves had turned in my shot. although yours is an
excellent composition, no doubt.

yfitons
wayno

Old October 22nd, 2007, 08:51 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Charlie Choc

On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 15:39:09 -0400, "Wayne Harrison" wrote:

i believe i have an image taken from that exact spot when you and i
went up there in the defender during oct a few years ago. remarkable how
much more the leaves had turned in my shot. although yours is an
excellent composition, no doubt.

;-)

Unfortunately, this is one of the last pictures I have of the Defender. It met
its demise (and I almost met mine) this summer in Utah.
--
Charlie...
http://www.chocphoto.com

Old October 22nd, 2007, 08:53 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Willi

wrote:

he
was supposed to take some from the top of the cherohala...and i hope to
see some of those photos

Here's one from the Cherohala, as you can see there wasn't a lot of color
yet
when I was there.
--
Charlie...
http://www.chocphoto.com

i believe i have an image taken from that exact spot when you and i
went up there in the defender during oct a few years ago. remarkable how
much more the leaves had turned in my shot. although yours is an
excellent composition, no doubt.

yfitons
wayno

Well let's see your shot!