wyomontana-ing - SOME LARGE SIZE PHOTOs

Old July 27th, 2008, 02:42 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
jeff miller[_2_]

Default wyomontana-ing - SOME LARGE SIZE PHOTOs

rachel and i visited wyoming and montana july 11-18. met up with danl,
willi, and rw in the bridger-teton national forest above kemmerer, then
rachel, danl and i traveled up to quake lake area of montana for 3 days
to fish the madison and west fork, and with hope of catching the cutts
in 3-day creek. 3-day was still in runoff, so couldn't fish it. did
well on the madison...it wasn't crowded, and the salmon fly hatch was
just reaching the area when rachel and i left. west fork yielded a lot
of fish in the 9-13 inch size. my camera malfunctioned - worked
sometimes and sometimes refused to open lense, so not many photos...plus
i left it with rachel most days. some of these photos are ones she
took. rachel and i left quake lake, traveled through the park on the way
to jackson. i fished the nez on the way down...lots of fun and lots of
9-10 inch fish in a pretty setting. jackson hole...not my favorite
place...sort of a huge western outdoor saks 5th avenue/wal-mart kind of
place, with spurs and antlers, for the wealthy. but the surrounding
countryside, the teton national park, and the streams were great. fished
two creeks north of jackson, one of which was as nice a stream as i've
seen anywhere with lots of 14" cutts.

these are the mountains south of the slide inn, photo taken from howlin
mad moon parking lot about 10 miles down the road from the slide.

Old July 27th, 2008, 02:44 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
jeff miller

jeff miller wrote:

[...]

oops...sorry...that's the bologna spoon river in the bridger teton nat'l
forest in wyoming, just below our campsite. caught lots of rainbow,
only a few cutts.
Old July 27th, 2008, 02:45 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
jeff miller

here are those mountains at sunset near the slide inn

Old July 27th, 2008, 02:49 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
jeff miller

the wildflowers were incredible this year...i guess because of the late
snow melt and runoff. thick blooms surrounded the streams and were
everywhere. this is an example

Old July 27th, 2008, 02:55 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
jeff miller

RW's dog, "B" (Bea?). a great dog, and a huge comfort to rachel and me
as we were still grieving from our loss of sadie. rachel made friends
with B quickly, but there was no question who B adored. she was devoted
to RW.

Old July 27th, 2008, 02:57 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
jeff miller

another wyoming photo of the area near our campsite and the
bologna-spoon creek

Old July 27th, 2008, 02:59 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
jeff miller

on the road to the national forest and our campsite, this totem of teddy
bears rose out of the curbside.

Old July 27th, 2008, 03:03 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
jeff miller

madison river brown...skinny, but the typical length. caught lots of
browns and big rainbows in the madison on cdc/elk caddis (even one i
tied, but most were acquired from harry mason's "troutflies"). a great
fly, and works everywhere.

Old July 27th, 2008, 03:05 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
jeff miller

danl on the west fork

Old July 27th, 2008, 03:05 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
jeff miller

danl on west fork