Seychelles

Old May 5th, 2009, 02:24 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

Default Seychelles

I haven't paid much attention to ROFF since my ISP dropped it. It
seems to have been largely depopulated, and what's left is mostly
pointless political drivel between rdean and a few others.

Anyway, be that as it may, a while ago I went to the Bahamas with
Willi (remember Willi?) and we had a great DIY bonefishing trip.
Having recaught the bonefish bug I've booked a trip to the Seychelles
for next March. The place is ultra fancy (http://
http://www.angleradventures.com/Seyc...Seychelles.htm) -- much fancier
than I'm used to -- but the fishing is supposed to be incredible.

It looks like the ROFF clave tradition is carrying on with Penns. I
never made it to that one. I wish all you Penns clavers tight lines.

Old May 5th, 2009, 02:51 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Fred

On 4-May-2009, " wrote:

and what's left is mostly
pointless political drivel between rdean and a few others

What !!
You interrupted rdeans personal political forum???
The nerve!!!!\
This group does exist solely for his political dogma and drivel
and other extraneous crap that comes from his ****ed up mind!

Thererfore I am certain that many others are and will be going the way of
you and Willi
I have left at least twice and am on the verge again but then along comes a
topical post like yours

And there are truily still sojme good people (fishermen) here

Thanks
Old May 5th, 2009, 03:45 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

for next March. The place is ultra fancy (http://www.angleradventures.com/Seyc...Seychelles.htm) -- much fancier
than I'm used to -- but the fishing is supposed to be incredible.

It looks like the ROFF clave tradition is carrying on with Penns. I
never made it to that one. I wish all you Penns clavers tight lines.

yeah, steven, i can dig it. personally, i had a neat little break
with willi down east in the old north state this past october. this
newsgroup is tits up. i just check in from time to time, hoping to
catch a trip report.
on the subject of bonefish--if you ever get the chance, try a trip
to bonaire, just north of venezuela, between aruba and curacao. fish
like maggots, not big, but so many, and such a solitary fishery. try
to find a guide with a greek name. about 15 years ago, i went there on
a whim, and he told me i was the first person that he ever saw fish
with a fly rod. mainly he was into live bait on a spinning rod, and
eyeballing plaintiff #2, who was greek herself. can't say i could
blame him. you fish knee deep in salt ponds that fill and empty
according to the tides. they are at the west end of the island. you
can't miss them.
ironically, about the only trout fishing i can handle these days
(after two rotor rooters on my lower legs) is the sort of thing we did
on the madison, or on penn's creek--something that doesn't require
hiking.
good to hear from you again. tell ol willi i said howdy.
Old May 5th, 2009, 04:04 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On May 4, 7:45*pm, " wrote:

* *good to hear from you again. *tell ol willi i said howdy.

I will do that, Wayno. He told me about the NC adventure. We're
probably going to fish Duck Valley in Nevada this month, if the
weather cooperates, and we're thinking about a road trip in Alaska
this coming Fall.

Old May 5th, 2009, 04:18 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On May 4, 9:45*pm, " wrote:

...*this newsgroup is tits up.

Hm.....yeah.....well.....somebody should have done something about
that.

g.
Old May 5th, 2009, 05:18 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Mon, 4 May 2009 19:45:39 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On May 4, 9:24*pm, " wrote:
[...]

Two words - flyrod and permit. And you can do it in the Keys. And flyfish for
permit there, too...

HTH,
Old May 5th, 2009, 08:36 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
DaveS

On May 4, 8:04*pm, " wrote:
On May 4, 7:45*pm, " wrote:

* *good to hear from you again. *tell ol willi i said howdy.

I will do that, Wayno. He told me about the NC adventure. We're
probably going to fish Duck Valley in Nevada this month, if the
weather cooperates, and we're thinking about a road trip in Alaska
this coming Fall.

Various and sundry ROFFIANS on Sabatical are missed and not totally
forgotten, but don't under rate the need for change as a motivator, or
over rate the old days. Glad to hear you guys enjoy gettogethers.
Willie always reminded me of DaTonka, the White Buffalo Calf. I wrote
this a while ago about the old days.

Photons ya say there Laddie. Why back in the day we all had them
little Titchy Girls. They were called Photons they were all bundled
up
in cellophane britches wid a pee hole in em. Parade round the city
all
decked out in crepe paper an munching Buffalo Hump sandwiches.
TaTonka?
White Buffalo Clan they was.
Its the tale of Datonka, don't even get me started.

TaTonka

So we're sitting there nipping at the p buttons in the cold, checking
out the stars and the lights from Page, Arizona a ways out.
The whole day in the dirt. Picking out shards, little pieces of corn
and rabbit bone.
Sometimes even counting mouse turds.
Packard's idea.
Trust a ****ing Hawaiian to find us this job.

Begay comes over and tells Packard it is cool.
"Just get in at the end of the line when everybody goes into the
hogan."
Packard nods OK.
No nausea, just like he said.
And then they start moving and we shuffle dance on in like the rest,
following the old guy.

Very cool inside, like a kiva. Actually its pretty real.
One side half out of the ground. They fixed a crumbled wall
with goddamn cinder blocks.
They are who they are so Im not wanting to be critical.
So damn tired. Just lean in and let it flow.
High drama, fire, log ceiling, Dineah singing. dineah.
That buzz. Like droning Tibetans on TV.
Nobody does this **** in Jersey, and for sure not in South River.

The old guy, doing a hop step, moves aside for a white Bison calf
who,
in a fast walk, crosses the room, runs through the door and out
into the night on the Kaiparowits plateau.
DaTonka

Old May 5th, 2009, 04:01 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Larry L

wrote

Having recaught the bonefish bug I've booked a trip to the Seychelles
for next March.

Re Bonefishing ... the actual fishing ... i.e. sight casting to big,
exciting prey ... appeals to me but whenever I see pictures of the
environment it doesn't turn me on at all, I'm just not a 'lottsa sun and
sand' kinda guy, I actually like to avoid both ... give me gray skies and
cool mountains over sunburn and warm beaches, anytime

Larry L ( who 'needs' to find some Winter fishing to extend the season, but
knows Bonefishing isn't it for me )

Old May 5th, 2009, 04:01 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Larry L

wrote

going to fish Duck Valley in Nevada this month,

Sheep Creek Res or ????

Larry L ( who is scheduled to go through that area around May 19th It
looks like the opener in YNP may be a bit blown out again this year .. too
early to tell, for sure .. if so I might do Sheep Creek area and then Silver
Creek ... instead of lower HFork then the Park, for the last part of May/
first part of June )

Old May 5th, 2009, 04:16 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On May 5, 8:01*am, "Larry L" wrote:
wrote

going to fish Duck Valley in Nevada this month,

Sheep Creek Res or ????

Larry L ( who is scheduled to go through that area around May 19th * *It
looks like the opener in YNP may be a bit blown out again this year .. too
early to tell, for sure .. if so I might do Sheep Creek area and then Silver
Creek ... *instead of lower HFork then the Park, for the last part of May/
first part of June )

Probably Billy Shaw. That's the only one of the lakes I've fished.

If you're there look for my red F150 with a white Northstar popup
camper. You're welcome to stop by my place in Stanley. If you just ask
around someone will tell you where I live. There won't be much fishing
that time of year, though. I like the green drake hatch on the Big
Wood in June if the river isn't running too high.

Flats fishing is glorious and challenging, Larry, and pound-for-pound
sal****er game fish fight much harder than cold water species.