Special privileges?

Old April 15th, 2008, 07:30 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Joshuall

Default Special privileges?

This is not special privlidges . . . this is elitism at it's finest.

--
God Bless America

Josh The Bad Bear

Old April 16th, 2008, 06:31 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Guy Anderson, Sr.

On Tue, 15 Apr 2008 13:30:41 -0500, "Joshuall"
wrote:

This is not special privlidges . . . this is elitism at it's finest.

I agree, but your case against elitism would be stronger if you
would spell "privileges" and "its" correctly. :-]
Old April 16th, 2008, 12:08 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Greg Harbaugh

I agree also, but you would be more convincing as spell nazi if you
would also spell its' correctly. Possessive of it = its'.

Old April 16th, 2008, 12:13 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Greg Harbaugh

Sorry, I just found out I was incorrect. its' is the way we were taught
back in the 50's apparently it has been changed.
Greg

Old April 16th, 2008, 06:26 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Guy Anderson, Sr.

On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 07:13:43 -0400, Greg Harbaugh
wrote:

Sorry, I just found out I was incorrect. its' is the way we were taught
back in the 50's apparently it has been changed.

This spelling has not changed since the 18th century. If you were
taught that its' is either the contracted form of "it is" or the
possessive case, then your teachers were ignorant! Sorry, but I do
know grammar.

Dr. Guy F. Anderson
Professor Emeritus
Department of English
Middle Tennessee State University
Murfreesboro, TN
Old April 16th, 2008, 06:40 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
QUAKEnSHAKE

Come on we aint got no time to worry bout gramur an such. FISH ON!
BUBBA;-)

Old April 17th, 2008, 08:24 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Mike Getz[_2_]

I didn't bothering to learn no English either, I never planned on going to
England!

Old April 20th, 2008, 05:00 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Dick[_2_]

This article confirms Long's Lake Jenning's catch of 2005 was on a day
opened to the public. I can assure you many other notables and friends
of the lakes & reservoirs under management control are allowed to fish
on closed days.
I'm a local old geezer and can attest to that. (Dick)
--
http://lakejennings.org/news/record013105.htm