Anyone fish Reelfoot in Tennessee ?

Old January 26th, 2008, 08:10 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
RATMAN

Default Anyone fish Reelfoot in Tennessee ?

I think the wife & I are going for a week in April. Satellite pics
seem to show a lot of vegatation in the middle & northern sections of
the lake, but I'm not sure. There's a lot of places to rent around the
lake so again if anyone has a suggestion it would be appreciated.
Old January 26th, 2008, 11:28 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Chris.S

"RATMAN" wrote in message
I think the wife & I are going for a week in April. Satellite pics
seem to show a lot of vegatation in the middle & northern sections of
the lake, but I'm not sure. There's a lot of places to rent around the
lake so again if anyone has a suggestion it would be appreciated.

I had some good luck in Grassy Bend ,Tom Johnson Timber and also Rat Island
Stumps,Little starve and Stavre Pond.If you rent a place check to see if
they also rent boats, you WILL NOT want to take yours unless you want to put
a new lower unit on We stayed here http://www.bluebankresort.com/ and
they provided the boat for the trip, and also got a guide for the first day
as well......

--
Chris S.

replace com with net to email

Old January 26th, 2008, 11:59 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
John B

I think the wife & I are going for a week in April. Satellite pics seem
to show a lot of vegetation in the middle & northern sections of the
lake, but I'm not sure. There's a lot of places to rent around the lake
so again if anyone has a suggestion it would be appreciated.

=========

I doubt I can be of much help, but I have fished Reelfoot. I only live
about 60 miles from there, so I don't stay over night, can't help you on
lodging. It is a beautiful lake, and if I remember right, they don't
allow those "annoying" water sports on the lake. .

A friend of mine likes Reelfoot, and we go a couple times a year, mostly
in the spring. Although I haven't caught any "trophy" bass there, I have
done rather well on all the trips. The lake is full of cypress trees,
stumps, and a ton of grassy areas...reminds me of some Florida, and
Louisiana lakes I have fished.

I am mainly a soft plastics fisherman, but my buddy loves top water,
spinners, and jigs, and we both do well there. In the late spring, the
grass beds produce exceptionally well, but the cypress stumps hold the
bigger ones. Every time I have been there the water is a bit "murky", so
I have never done any sight fishing on the spawn....but the locals tell
me it's just my "eye sight"!

Oh, I forgot, we did stay over night one time at a camp ground....I
think it was at the State Park, it was a great place to camp, as I
remember!

If you like crappie fishing at all, Reelfoot is as good as any...we
usually finished the day up, catching some "food"! . Almost any
cypress "knee" area produced all we wanted!

Sorry I can't be more specific....but just fish it like a Florida lake,
and I'm sure you will enjoy the stay!

Have fun!

John B

Old January 29th, 2008, 05:31 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Mike Getz[_2_]

Look in the back of any fishing magazine, they have plenty of deals that
include Boat, Motor, Gas and bait for Reelfoot lake. I may try it next
year.

Old January 29th, 2008, 09:55 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Joshuall

I've not fished it ever, but several friends have and echo what Chris said
about the stumps. Be real careful if you bring your own boat. They all say
it's loaded with underwater hazards to the hilt.

--
God Bless America

Josh The Bad Bear