SS Prop o/t ?

Old April 22nd, 2008, 09:01 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Joshuall

Default SS Prop o/t ?

Hope this is ok to ask here; figure many are bass boaters as well and would
know. I just had my SS Turbo Prop reworked and polished. It looks like new.
Is there any way to keep the prop's mirror finish like that? Any polish or
something that can be put on it so that it doesn't return to that dull
finish it had at the end of last year? Any thought appreciated. Thanks all.

--
God Bless America

Josh The Bad Bear

Old April 22nd, 2008, 09:07 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

"Joshuall" wrote in message
. ..
Hope this is ok to ask here; figure many are bass boaters as well and
would know. I just had my SS Turbo Prop reworked and polished. It looks
like new. Is there any way to keep the prop's mirror finish like that? Any
polish or something that can be put on it so that it doesn't return to
that dull finish it had at the end of last year? Any thought appreciated.
Thanks all.

LOL, I've found that running through a shallow sand bar at 65 mph usually
does a pretty good job of polishing up the prop....
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Old April 23rd, 2008, 02:07 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Dan, danl [email protected]

On Tue, 22 Apr 2008 15:07:22 -0500, "Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers"
wrote:

"Joshuall" wrote in message
Hope this is ok to ask here; figure many are bass boaters as well and
would know. I just had my SS Turbo Prop reworked and polished. It looks
like new. Is there any way to keep the prop's mirror finish like that? Any
polish or something that can be put on it so that it doesn't return to
that dull finish it had at the end of last year? Any thought appreciated.
Thanks all.

LOL, I've found that running through a shallow sand bar at 65 mph usually
does a pretty good job of polishing up the prop....

That reminds me of the brass prop after my dad got stuck on a sand
bar. :}

Old April 23rd, 2008, 11:37 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Carlos

Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers wrote:

"Joshuall" wrote in message
. ..
Hope this is ok to ask here; figure many are bass boaters as well and
would know. I just had my SS Turbo Prop reworked and polished. It
looks like new. Is there any way to keep the prop's mirror finish like
that? Any polish or something that can be put on it so that it doesn't
return to that dull finish it had at the end of last year? Any thought
appreciated. Thanks all.

LOL, I've found that running through a shallow sand bar at 65 mph
usually does a pretty good job of polishing up the prop....

Yeah. LOL. The Mississippi River will do a fine job of prop polishing.
Old April 23rd, 2008, 12:31 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
gwilber

If I recall correctly from Boom Lake, Jerry's props were a lot more
than just polished.
Old April 23rd, 2008, 03:43 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Joshuall

apparently not.

--
God Bless America

Josh The Bad Bear

Old April 23rd, 2008, 04:04 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Charles Summers

Any stainless steel cleaner and polish should do it Josh.... I wouldn't
recommend the sand bars. However, I do remember you scaring the **** outta
me running on plane up to Suggs Creek one time. Was the water what? 2' deep
and full of rock?

. ..

Old April 24th, 2008, 12:33 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Dan, danl [email protected]

On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 04:31:32 -0700 (PDT), gwilber
wrote:

If I recall correctly from Boom Lake, Jerry's props were a lot more
than just polished.

Jerry was very good at customizing his props in WI!

Dan, I finally moved to Florida!

-

Remove the X for e-mail reply
www.outdoorfrontiers.com www.SecretWeaponLures.com
A proud charter member of "PETAF", People for Eating Tasty Animals and Fish!!!