Fly rod cabinet

Old November 4th, 2004, 01:17 AM
Mark F.

Default Fly rod cabinet

I was looking for a rod cabinet and found three in the internet for 2000 to
3000 dollars.
WOW

So now I am thinking about using my buddies wood shop and build my own.
Does any one know of somewhere that has plans for a rod and tackle cabinet?

--
Hike High Mountains
Fish for Wild Trout

Old November 4th, 2004, 01:44 AM
philski

Mark F. wrote:
I was looking for a rod cabinet and found three in the internet for 2000 to
3000 dollars.
WOW

So now I am thinking about using my buddies wood shop and build my own.
Does any one know of somewhere that has plans for a rod and tackle cabinet?

Mark,
I have a fair collection of woodworking plans. Let me know a little more
specifically what you are thinking of building. You can point me to a
link that you think aproximates what you are considering and I will look
and see if I have something close. You can always modify an existing
plan to fit your needs. I am currently building a flytying desk from an
altered pedestal desk. There are some plans for gun cabinets that can
easily be converted to hold fly rods or fly rod tubes.

Philski
Old November 4th, 2004, 03:46 AM
Mark F.

Hi Philski,

I was thinking of a cabinet that on one side I could put my two (I assume I
will buy more, I always do)2 piece rods in there cases, and I have 3, four
piece rods. Then I was thinking some small draws would be nice to put my
reels ad fly boxes in. And a glass front may or maybe not.
So it would be about 6 ft high and 2 to 3 feet wide.

Thanks Mark

Old November 4th, 2004, 06:17 PM
Wayne Knight

Mark F. wrote:

I was thinking of a cabinet that on one side I could put my two (I

assume I
will buy more, I always do)2 piece rods in there cases, and I have 3,

four
piece rods.

A case for five rods? Come on man, five rods (unless they're Garrison's
or Paynes) need to be stashed in the closet lest your friends and
visitors think you're a a penny pincher. Those five rods are going to
be awfully lonely in that big ole cabinet. After you get about 10 more
rods and reels, then you can think about showing them off

Old November 4th, 2004, 11:31 PM
Philski

"philski" wrote in message

Mark F. wrote:

[...]

I will make a copy of a plan that I have and probably publish it to a
PDF format for you. It will take me a couple of days. I will e-mail it
to you when done.

Phil(ski)