TR: Alaska, Kanektok River

Old October 4th, 2005, 09:58 AM
chas

Default TR: Alaska, Kanektok River

Well, it's just a photo essay. Right now only half the pictures show up
because I ran into a limitation on the web site. I think I need to have a
second site for the rest of them, but I haven't worked that out yet.

http://home.comcast.net/~kanektok/index.htm

As Willi and Steve have already reported, it was a great trip.

Chas
remove fly fish to e mail directly

Old October 4th, 2005, 12:27 PM
Peter A. Collin

chas wrote:
Well, it's just a photo essay. Right now only half the pictures show up
because I ran into a limitation on the web site. I think I need to have a
second site for the rest of them, but I haven't worked that out yet.

http://home.comcast.net/~kanektok/index.htm

As Willi and Steve have already reported, it was a great trip.

Chas
remove fly fish to e mail directly

Chas, you take the best vacations!
Old October 5th, 2005, 11:05 AM
Anthony

"chas" wrote in message
news:1128416333.5b04fa144c1378fa86e8a7db07806e08@t eranews...
Well, it's just a photo essay. Right now only half the pictures show up
because I ran into a limitation on the web site. I think I need to have a
second site for the rest of them, but I haven't worked that out yet.

That was awesome! I've seen pictures of Alaska in magazines and heard
stories from my g-father when he was stationed up there back in the 40's.
Just never gets old. Nice pictures Chas

Old October 5th, 2005, 11:07 AM
chas

I have two pages up now, the first half is the link I posted,
http://home.comcast.net/~kanektok/index.htm
The second half is:
http://home.comcast.net/~kanektok2/index.htm

Soon I'll put links on each of there to the other page.

Old October 5th, 2005, 04:09 PM
Willi

chas wrote:
I have two pages up now, the first half is the link I posted,
http://home.comcast.net/~kanektok/index.htm
The second half is:
http://home.comcast.net/~kanektok2/index.htm

Soon I'll put links on each of there to the other page.

Chas
remove fly fish to e mail directly

Cool shots! I especially like the one you got with the Silver taking
your fly.

Willi

Old October 5th, 2005, 07:35 PM
rw

Willi wrote:

Cool shots! I especially like the one you got with the Silver taking
your fly.

I agree. Good job, Chas.

Old October 6th, 2005, 09:27 PM
chas

rw wrote:
Willi wrote:

Cool shots! I especially like the one you got with the Silver taking
your fly.

I agree. Good job, Chas.

Thanks guys, we need to do this again...

Old October 7th, 2005, 08:31 AM
Jarmo Hurri

Nice. A quick question: since you were sleeping in tents, did you have
to take some extra precautions against the bears ?

--
Jarmo Hurri

Commercial email countermeasures included in header email
address. Remove all garbage from header email address when replying,
or just use .
Old October 8th, 2005, 07:45 AM
chas

Jarmo Hurri wrote:

Nice. A quick question: since you were sleeping in tents, did you have
to take some extra precautions against the bears ?

I'm not sure anyone would refer to the precautions as "extra". We had bear
spray in each tent, and we kept the food and cooking away from the tents. This
could be a seed for a long thread about bears, suffice it to say we saw sign on
every single foot of the bank but we only saw one bear and he took off when
Willi shouted "bear!" to alert my dull mind to his presence.