bass popper

Old November 13th, 2003, 12:58 AM
Gone Angling

Default bass popper

Wouldn't mind knowing who uses them and when do you use them. I thought they
would be good at night or early am on still water. I heard you can cover a lot
of water with them. I want to make some during the seasonal lay over. Is there
any advantage over say a jitterbug or skitter pop.

Old November 13th, 2003, 04:02 AM
Bob La Londe

My best luck has been with a Pop-R style popper. I have caught fish in the
morning and evening. Some peope fish them all year long here, but they are
considered a summer morning lure by most.

Old November 13th, 2003, 06:44 AM
Josh

GA,
They're a great anytime smallie bait. Have taken several fives and a few
six's on them. I use them river fishing a lot, especially on the edges of
eddies, on the front sides of rock piles and lay downs in current. Like Bob,
I very much enjoy the PopR. Chug bug is a good one too. Also for those dog
days . . . dropping them down the edge of or lily pads or other emergent
growth is a killer too.

--
God Bless America

Josh The Bad Bear