FLW David Dudley

Old March 11th, 2009, 02:41 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
What me worry?

Default FLW David Dudley

On Wed, 11 Mar 2009 05:24:05 -0700 (PDT), Joe Z
backed into a tree whilst ridin inna park
then wrote:

.

Boy you guys are getting testy. :-) *Me, I am going to the Minneapolis
Sport Show this weekend. Hopefully Joe H and the Secret Weapon guys
will be there again. Adios for now. Joe Z

Nah, that's not testy. *
For years I went to the Sports Show in Milwaukee, WI. *Unfortunately
it went so far downhill that most of the fishing guys split off and
started a separate show. *I hope the one in Minneapolis is a good one.
Seein any warm air yet?
---

Dan TOASTY in Florida for now

Remove the X for e-mail replywww.outdoorfrontiers.com*www.SecretWeaponLures.com
A proud charter member of "PETAF", People for Eating Tasty Animals and Fish!!!

Last two weeks we have been teases with 50's followed by zero. 5 below
this morning followed by 50 Saturday. I see what you mean about the
fishing guys. In Minneapolis it seems to apply too, instead of a
Lindner, someone from In-Fisherman or even Babe they have Bill Sherck
from Ron Schara's show Due North Outdoors doing the bass seminar. Sad.
I found the exibiors list online and no Secret Weapon either. Thanks
Dan for tweeking my curiosity, Now I am depressed! ;-) Joe Z

Sure didn't mean to depress ya. I didn't hear about the sports show
down here in time to go. I figured it would be stuffed with salt
water fishing. There are a lot of guys I know from work that do
nothing but gulf fishing.
I'm surprised by the lack of inland bait and tackle shops around here.
In WI they were a great source of information. The few around here
are pretty secretive with their knowledge.

Stay warm!
---

Old March 11th, 2009, 03:31 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
What me worry?

On Wed, 11 Mar 2009 09:49:33 -0500, "Bass_Mr."
backed into a tree whilst ridin inna park then wrote:

Hey Dan, go get some big golden shiners and go fishing.

Snip
I did that year ago when I was down here. I prefer to use
artificials. The one guy at a marine tech/bait shop told me the same.
We discussed the pros and cons of shiner fishing. He is of the throw
out a few shiners and drift school of thought. He does admit that
large soft plastic in the shallows has produced more big, 8#+, Bass.
I have just been on one lake and am going to go through a channel to
another and see if the lack of structure is there too. If the water
would come up about 7 feet there would be lots of structure. I can
see it all sitting high and dry.
Come on down and try it out with me. :} I'll leave a light on for
ya!

---

Old March 11th, 2009, 04:01 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

"What me worry?" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 11 Mar 2009 09:49:33 -0500, "Bass_Mr."
backed into a tree whilst ridin inna park then wrote:

Hey Dan, go get some big golden shiners and go fishing.

Snip
I did that year ago when I was down here. I prefer to use
artificials. The one guy at a marine tech/bait shop told me the same.
We discussed the pros and cons of shiner fishing. He is of the throw
out a few shiners and drift school of thought. He does admit that
large soft plastic in the shallows has produced more big, 8#+, Bass.
I have just been on one lake and am going to go through a channel to
another and see if the lack of structure is there too. If the water
would come up about 7 feet there would be lots of structure. I can
see it all sitting high and dry.
Come on down and try it out with me. :} I'll leave a light on for
ya!

Dan,

Structure in Wisconsin is quite a bit different than structure in most
Florida lakes. While a "dropoff" in Wisconsin might be from 6 to 12 feet,
in Florida, it might be 3 to 4 feet, a very subtle difference and not always
readily visible on a locator. My Florida fishing success was entirely based
on fishing weed edges, pockets, or the occasional stump or boat docks.
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Old March 11th, 2009, 08:17 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
What me worry?

On Wed, 11 Mar 2009 11:01:25 -0500, "Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers"
then wrote:

[...]

I understand that.

While a "dropoff" in Wisconsin might be from 6 to 12 feet,
in Florida, it might be 3 to 4 feet, a very subtle difference and not always
readily visible on a locator.

It is a new locator, but I think I have learned how to adjust it so I
am able to see small changes in depth. I spent quite a bit of time
playing with it.

The lake I have been on has one hump in the middle that almost comes
to the surface and is covered and surrounded by weeds/pads at the
moment. The rest, as far as I can tell is a shallow sloped bowl. I
did/do fish the few clumps that are still in the water. The exposed
perimeter land, because water is 7' down, is full of humps and clumps,
channel and docks that are high and dry with at most an inch or two of
water. There are some really nice channels that you can't get to
without an airboat cause of lack of water. If I can't do ok on a
couple of these lakes I'll check out lakes a little farther away or
switch to rivers.

My Florida fishing success was entirely based
on fishing weed edges, pockets, or the occasional stump or boat docks.

That is how I fished it when I was here years ago.
I'll have to post some pics after I go out next time.
Dan