Wader repair

Old September 27th, 2003, 09:54 PM
Snoop

Default Wader repair

I just bought an Aquaseal repair kit for a small rip in my Dan Bailey
breatable waders. It came with a couple of patches which have an adhesive on
them that seems pretty tacky. I also have some material that came with the
waders that are identical to the wader material, brown outside, blue inside.
Does anyone know what the self adhesive (clear) material is for? I assume it
goes on the inside and that you would use Aquaseal and the Bailey fabric on the
outside? The tear is just over an inch long. I think I remember snagging my
butt on Kevin's "North Dakota" drift boat on the Bighorn mini clave but didn't
discover the leak until I went float tubing the other day.

Snoop

e-mail:

Old September 28th, 2003, 12:32 AM
Bill Kiene

Hi Snoop,

You might tape the inside with something like "duck/duct" tape to hold it
together. Then put a small bead of clear Aqualseal on the tear on the
outside. After it dries overnight, remove the tape from the inside and
Aqualseal it too.

--
Bill Kiene

Kiene's Fly Shop
Sacramento, CA
www.kiene.com

Old September 28th, 2003, 01:48 AM
theflyguy

.com...

"Snoop" wrote in message ...

[...]

I swear by household goop. I fixed a hole 3x4 inches just with it 2 years
ago and it is still holding. that stuff is amazing for fixing waders.

jeff h

Old September 28th, 2003, 08:59 AM
Alex

I use a bicycle repair kit, has never let me down on rubber waders.
Hello to all from Edinburgh, Scotland.
Tight lines,

Nig.

Old September 28th, 2003, 09:24 AM
Bill Kiene

--
Bill Kiene

Kiene's Fly Shop
Sacramento, CA
www.kiene.com

Old September 28th, 2003, 05:34 PM
Willi

Bill Kiene wrote:
Hi Snoop,

You might tape the inside with something like "duck/duct" tape to hold it
together. Then put a small bead of clear Aqualseal on the tear on the
outside. After it dries overnight, remove the tape from the inside and
Aqualseal it too.

I do the same as Bill.

Willi

Old October 1st, 2003, 03:15 AM
Snoop

Thanks, guys. The repair turned out great. Can't wait to test it out.

Snoop

e-mail:

Old October 1st, 2003, 04:54 AM
rw

Snoop wrote:
Thanks, guys. The repair turned out great. Can't wait to test it out.

Give them to Warren for testing. He's hell on gear. :-)