While visions of sailfish dance in your heads, call Americana!

Old August 12th, 2006, 07:08 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.saltwater
MarkSyd

Default While visions of sailfish dance in your heads, call Americana!

Those who have been reading my stuff for the past while have all heard
this song over and over again: if you want to fish with the top
captains during the great December-March sailfish bite off Costa
Rica's Central Pacific coast, book NOW!

Never more true than for the 2007 season; as I write this, two of our
most popular larger boats out of Los Sueños Marina in the 38 to
42-foot range are completely unavailable for January and February.
Ditto for one of Golfito's top captains - Bobby McGuinness has only
3-4 scattered days.

Call me toll-free so you won't be left back home in the cold -
1-800-634-0012, 1-800-399-8532 or 1-866-978-5198 - or e-mail
Americana Sportfishing (www.americanasportfishing.com), and we'll
start the ball rolling. Don't settle for less than the best. If
you're thinking of bringing down four or more anglers to Los Sueños
Marina or Quepos for the big sailfish bite, the urgency of booking your
Costa Rica fishing trip ASAP becomes even greater, as hotel space will
also be a factor.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, fishing here has been solid, if not
spectacular. Sam Gray, his son and daughter-in-law fished a full day on
the 30-foot Hoo's Up out of Los Sueños. Sam phoned in to tell me
that his catch amounted to two sails - a 90-pounder brought to the
boat after some acrobatic jumps five minutes after the lines were
baited; a 100-pounder (a bit of a wuss) caught an hour later - a
small dorado, and the highlight of the day: a 60-pound rooster that
gave Sam's son a great fight before being released, both hunter and
prey completely exhausted.

Aaron Spak writes: "Our two days fishing were FANTASTIC! We can't
wait to go back for a 'serious' fishing trip! (On Day 1 offshore on
the 32-foot Blue Water II out of Quepos) we caught some dorado quickly
after setting out the spread - nothing huge but perfect dinner size.
We were trolling when I got my first glimpse of a sailfish... the black
sail slicing through the wake was downright electrifying. He didn't
take but it sure got my interest.

"A while later we got a repeat performance, but this time a moment
later one of the inside lines went tight and the mate (Danny) was right
on it. The sail did everything they are 'supposed' to do and it was
amazing to see it finally in person! I fought him for about 15 min
before we got him in for the photo op.

"They said that we were the only boat to see two sails that day -
only one other boat got even one - so we were pretty happy. (Of
course, maybe they just said that to make us feel good)...

"We had a blast on the 30-foot Tranquilo II (half day inshore). The
captain (Francisco Barrantes) and mate were both class acts and we were
fishing about 20 minutes from the pier. It wasn't long before both of
our rods were bent and the roosters were on. Mine broke off (must have
found the rocks) but Mary landed a whopper! In all we landed five fish
out of eight or nine, the largest estimated at 60 lbs (I'll trust the
captain on that). They fought great, and honestly, were a much better
battle than the sail. What a great fish.

"The boats we were on were A+. Thank you very much for your help in
booking!"

Couldn't have put it better myself. Always nice to hear from
satisfied clients, and to be constantly reassured that the captains we
book know how to catch fish.

And the refrain again: book with Americana Sportfishing NOW
(www.americanasportfishing.com) for the upcoming winter/spring season;
call me as soon as possible toll free - 1-800-634-0012,
1-800-399-8532 or 1-866-978-5198 - or e-mail me, and we'll put
together a great fishing trip for you. Don't forget either that the
fishing is great on both coasts during September, October and November.
So if you have a few days to spare before Xmas and friends or family
members to share them with you, come down to Costa Rica for an exciting
sportfishing adventure.