Sunglass query

Old March 28th, 2006, 12:43 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Default Sunglass query

It was a beautiful early morning launch on a boat the Florida captain made with his own hands. We were heading out into the Gulf to net some sardines for a day of fishing on the flats (OK....I'll get to the bass part shortly). We got to the spot and started chumming up sardines. The captain made a few cast with a 16' cast net and came up virtually empty. I asked if I could try and he said sure. I stepped up to the stern platform, grabbed an armful of weights and net and made a wonderful cast. Of course, I almost fell out of the boat, the net only opened up half way and I lost my favorite pair of cheap sunglasses. As I watched them sink to the bottom ( you can see those BlueBlockers a long way down), I decided it was time to invest in a good pair of sunglasses for the upcoming tourney season.

Now, I have seen the most amazing feat with sunglasses. Once bass fishing (see, I told ya) with Warren on a lake in NJ, I was amazed that he could see bank runners about 400 yards away (that was about the right distance, eh Warren.... So, I will be kind of partial to the H2Optics line that he was wearing. I realize that different lenses colors are better for different weather situations. My questions to all you experts is what would be the lenses color that is best all around. Thanks in advance...

BTW, I did pull up a half full net of sardines with that half open cast.........

--
Sandy Joren
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he has to buy rods, reels, line, tackle boxes, lures, fish finders, gps, senkos, more lures, boats, trailers, more lures, something big enough to pull the boat, insurance, life jackets, even more lures, coolers and 12-packs of beer and finally.....fish fillets at the fish store on the way home.........
Old March 28th, 2006, 02:24 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Hi Sandy,

For years I had a pair of amber Costa Del Mar's and they were great. I
could see muskies following a lure long before any of the clients in the
boat could. I could see bedding bass easily as well. Those glasses are now
sitting someplace at the bottom of Center Hill Res. in Tennessee.....

I'm now wearing some Flying Fisherman glasses and I must admit that they're
comfortable, reasonably priced and quite nice for viewing underwater.

You can check them out at http://www.flyingfisherman.com/2002/home8.02.html
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Old March 28th, 2006, 04:23 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

H2Optix may be the way to go, though I prefer Oakley and Wiley-X brands. I
prefer smoke colored lenses with mirror coating (usually black/nickle). Of
course, they need to be polarized reagrdless of brand or color. YMMV, but
the above 2 brands offer me the best situation, since they offer most
popular styles with perscription lenses, which I don't necessarily need, but
certainly enjoy. I have a pair of Oakleys and 2 pair of Wiley-X and can
recommend them both highly for on-water use.

HTML encoding dropped from the following