Cat Attack in Northern Wisconsin!

Old June 4th, 2006, 03:37 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Default Cat Attack in Northern Wisconsin!

It started last night at 10:00 p.m. when a strange truck pulled up in front
of my house. It was bizarre, because I never heard it coming. One minute,
all was quiet, the next, there was a fierce Cat in my front yard, poised and
ready to strike!!!

It was MY Fast Cat C20, rigged and ready to go!

Even though I've been fishing for the past month from a loaner boat, it was
the original prototype hull, and bears little resemblance to the current
generation Fast Cat.

This morning, after a sleepless night, I finally got Jason, the Cat salesman
who delivered the boat from Miami up and some coffee in him. Off we went to
the lake.

Firing up the Merc 250XS, I was pleased to hear that while the motor was
quieter than my old outboard, it still has some of that high performance
snarl.

Easing away from the dock, I turned on the Lowrance LCX26C HD, slipped under
a railroad bridge and dropped the hammer! The boat jumped up on plane and
we were off...

Because the motor has less than 3 hours, it wouldn't turn the rpm's that it
will once broken in, but we still managed a respectable 76.6 mph. I can't
wait until it breaks in.

Smooth as silk, responsive like a Ferrari and capable of high G-Force turns,
I was impressed to say the least.

Equally impressive is how it fishes. Jason and I fished for smallies and
pike, and Jason was able to land two species that he'd never caught before.

All too soon, we had to put it on the trailer, as Jason has a long road
ahead of him, pulling the loaner boat back to Miami.

But I did run it on Boom Lake when Janet got done with work. Oddly enough,
I never hit a thing! Oh yeah, I also caught a nice largemouth on a
firetiger Secret Weapon. I just forgot to take the camera with me.....
Sigh........
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Old June 4th, 2006, 12:39 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

On Sat, 3 Jun 2006 21:37:21 -0500, "Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers"
wrote:

[...]

Can't wait to ride and fish in it with you Steve! Sounds like the fun
is just beginning.

I've learned that I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy it!

Remove the x for e-mail reply
Amateur radio enthusiast, N9JBF
Bass fishing Aficionado!
www.outdoorfrontiers.com
www.SecretWeaponLures.com
A proud charter member of "PETAF", People for Eating Tasty Animals and Fish!!!

Old June 4th, 2006, 02:25 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Congrats on your new Cat Steve....seems she's purring just fine and found a
good home.
--
Chris S
Replace com with net to e-mail

Old June 4th, 2006, 03:50 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Have fun, Steve! You deserve it.
.................................................. ..........
"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" wrote in
message ...

Old June 4th, 2006, 08:48 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

"WARREN WOLK" wrote in message
Enjoy that new rig Steve...& B SAFE!

Oh, I've already been enjoying it! We had it out yesterday, test driving it
with the salesman. Of course we had to toss a fluke or two, and he caught
two species of fish he's never seen in the flesh, smallmouth bass and pike.
It ran flawlessly.

Then, I took Janet out, had a blast terrorizing the tourists on Boom Lake,
and today I guided two guys, one from Texas, the other from here in
Wisconsin. We had an absolute ball, they caught roughly 25 smallies in 4
hours and I even picked up a rod from time to time and caught three.

And there is a picture of my rig on ABPF as well as on OutdoorFrontiers.com
at
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com/modu...ic&p=1699#1699

Old June 5th, 2006, 01:19 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers wrote:

congratulations on the new ride. neat looking boat steve. the cat
design is finding favor in the sal****er fishing venues too as a very
stable ride in smaller offshore boats. but 76 mph...whew! with that
kind of speed, pretty soon reggie fountain is gonna get interested in
bass fishing.

jeff

Old June 6th, 2006, 01:00 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

[...]

The Merc 250XS might be different than other motors, but aren't you
supposed to vary the speed and avoid WOT during the break in period?
From what you wrote, it seems like this motor can run at full speed
while it breaks itself in.

Dan