Don't forget to turn your head

Old March 24th, 2007, 02:20 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Rodney Long

Default Don't forget to turn your head

Ouch, this hurt
Attached is a photo of the back of my hand, after I broke off a tree
snagged rig. The hole in my hand was made by a number 8 swivel, no hook,
no weight , just the swivel, I had to pull the line to get the embedded
swivel out of the back of my hand. I had ten pound test line on, the rig
broke off at the swivel, and it came flying back at me, penetrating the
back of my hand past the barrel, just one eye was left sticking out, the
bone is the only thing that stopped it from going completely under the
skin. If that had hit me in the eye it would have been lost .

ALWAYS TURN YOUR HEAD AWAY WHEN BREAKING OFF A SNAGGED LINE !!!!!!!!!
--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Mojo SpecTastic "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread,

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ouch.jpg
Views:	754
Size:	79.6 KB
ID:	223
Old March 24th, 2007, 02:36 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Rodney Long

Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers wrote:

Yeah, I'll bet that left a mark! ;-)

Don't know yet, as it happened today
Old March 24th, 2007, 02:36 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Fishking

yeah I have also learned the hard way, I took a 1/2ounce spinnerbait to a
bare knee at about 80mph(at least it seemed that fast). That was almost
crying pain believe it or not. also the reason they call bullet weights,
well uhmm, bullet weights, cause when they snag them come free..well you
know the rest
"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" wrote in message

"Rodney Long" wrote in message
Ouch, this hurt
Attached is a photo of the back of my hand, after I broke off a tree
snagged rig. The hole in my hand was made by a number 8 swivel, no hook,
no weight , just the swivel, I had to pull the line to get the embedded
swivel out of the back of my hand. I had ten pound test line on, the rig
broke off at the swivel, and it came flying back at me, penetrating the
back of my hand past the barrel, just one eye was left sticking out, the
bone is the only thing that stopped it from going completely under the
skin. If that had hit me in the eye it would have been lost .

ALWAYS TURN YOUR HEAD AWAY WHEN BREAKING OFF A SNAGGED LINE !!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I'll bet that left a mark! ;-)

That's one of the reasons why I also wear a baseball cap and GOOD
sunglasses when I'm fishing. Over the years as a guide, I've gotten very
good at catching rocket-launched snagged lures on the brim of my cap and
just in case I'm a micro-second slow, good glasses are there as a backup!
Turning your head is good advice, but something that's not always heeded.
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Old March 24th, 2007, 02:49 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Ken Fortenberry

Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers wrote:
That's one of the reasons why I also wear a baseball cap and GOOD sunglasses
when I'm fishing. Over the years as a guide, I've gotten very good at
catching rocket-launched snagged lures on the brim of my cap and just in
case I'm a micro-second slow, good glasses are there as a backup! Turning
your head is good advice, but something that's not always heeded.

If you have a fly fishing muskie client in your boat you'll want
to replace the ball cap with something having a nice wide brim.
Unless you just like wearing a 2/0 Deceiver as a pierced earring.

Fair warning. ;-)

--
Ken Fortenberry

Old March 24th, 2007, 04:36 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
The Great Gazooka

On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 20:53:42 -0600, "Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers"
wrote:

Yeah, I'll bet that left a mark! ;-)

That's one of the reasons why I also wear a baseball cap and GOOD sunglasses
when I'm fishing. Over the years as a guide, I've gotten very good at
catching rocket-launched snagged lures on the brim of my cap and just in
case I'm a micro-second slow, good glasses are there as a backup! Turning
your head is good advice, but something that's not always heeded.

By golly, that`s why you offer them for sale at your spam site. At a
"huge" discount till April Fools Day I might add
Old March 24th, 2007, 11:56 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
johnval1

"The Great Gazooka" blathered on as usual..

Go away Twit.

Old March 25th, 2007, 06:54 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
The Great Gazooka

Twit for ****, eh ****?
Old March 25th, 2007, 01:14 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
johnval1

"The Great Gazooka" in a usual display of juvenile behavior.

Seriously little man, I have a friend who is a psychiatrist who may be able
to help you. I will be happy to provide a recommendation for you. Please
let me know if I can help you in your cry for assistance.

Old March 26th, 2007, 07:09 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
The Great Gazooka

On Sun, 25 Mar 2007 12:14:52 GMT, "johnval1"
wrote:

"The Great Gazooka" in a usual display of juvenile behavior.

Seriously little man, I have a friend who is a psychiatrist who may be able
to help you. I will be happy to provide a recommendation for you. Please
let me know if I can help you in your cry for assistance.

Have you discussed this with your wife?