OT - Mail Virus

Old September 21st, 2003, 04:41 AM
Doc \(The Tin Boat King\)

Default OT - Mail Virus

I' ve expanded my kill file big time but they have finally stopped. Bill P.=====================================

"BassMr." wrote in message link.net...
Randy,I have had 600 since Thursday morning.I finally called
Mindspring/Earthlink,and they installed spam blocker for me and deleted them
all too.Working well (for now) but we will see.

Old September 21st, 2003, 04:15 PM
Josh

Bob,
I'v e been suffern with this too. But I don't know how to get mail
forwared and auto reply. I've been tinkering with Outlooks Mail rules which
seems to be of no effect whatsoever. Could you post here how to do what you
recommend? thanks and forgive my ignorance. Have a great week. . . off to
the river.

--
God Bless America

Josh The Bad Bear

Old September 22nd, 2003, 12:17 AM
Carlos

It seems that of all the places I frequent, it's only those of us here, or
those that use the usenet that are getting clobbered.

Carlos

Old September 22nd, 2003, 01:33 AM
Andrew Kidd

"Carlos" wrote in message
It seems that of all the places I frequent, it's only those of us here, or
those that use the usenet that are getting clobbered.

Carlos

I think you're right Carlos. It's really funny. The *only* thing I use
the webmaster address is for this group and APBF. I have not received
another of these MS themed viruses in any of my other email accounts. I've
only been receiving about 30-40 a day. I have them filtered by "subject"
and "from" combinations, so I'm knocking out almost all of them now at the
server level. Ahhhh, the benefits of having access to the server! :-).

Bob LaLonde has a really good idea of the dummy address to forward email
from. If it gets to bad, just lose the account and start another. May have
to give that one some thought...

--
Andrew Kidd
http://www.amiasoft.com/ - Software for the rest of us!

Old September 22nd, 2003, 01:37 AM
BassMr.

This virus is called the W32.Swen.A or W32.Swen.MM and from all the tech
advisors I have spoken to it's very hard to get rid of.It attacks through
your email,or through newsgroups and when you take the steps to delete
it,the sneaky thing will install itself all over again.
For more info go to www.symantec.com
I have been told that it may mean deleting all files,reconfiguring your
internet setup,and generally being ****ed off in the process.Good Luck!