Baby Bass baits 1 of 2?

Old March 23rd, 2007, 12:20 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Fishking

Default Baby Bass baits 1 of 2?

Like it hate it would you use it? which ones are better?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	baby bass 2.JPG
Views:	981
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	220
Old March 23rd, 2007, 01:13 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Bass_Mr.

They both look good Randy. Good job !

Old March 23rd, 2007, 03:19 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

"Fishking" wrote in message
Like it hate it would you use it? which ones are better?

Heck, you know me, I try to keep an open mind and I'll try anything. I
mean, who ever would have thought the color "Sweet Potato Pie" would catch
fish? Yet it does!
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Old March 23rd, 2007, 03:48 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
The Great Gazooka

On Thu, 22 Mar 2007 21:19:41 -0600, "Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers"
wrote:

"Fishking" wrote in message
.. .
Like it hate it would you use it? which ones are better?

Heck, you know me, I try to keep an open mind and I'll try anything. I
mean, who ever would have thought the color "Sweet Potato Pie" would catch
fish? Yet it does!

Huge ones no doubt, by golly!
Old March 23rd, 2007, 02:16 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

"The Great Gazooka" wrote in message SNIP

Huge ones no doubt, by golly!

Well, probably not huge, but decent by my standards. Here's a smallie that
was caught on a sweet potato pie colored stick bait. Now, let's see some
fish that you've caught. I see a lot of BS from you, but I've never seen
you in a fishing picture, nor have I seen you contribute anything to a group
other than to sow dissention.

Old March 23rd, 2007, 06:37 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Joe Haubenreich

I prefer the coloration on this one (1 of 2). Yes, I'd definitely use it.
We've found Secret Weapon's Baby Bass pattern to be very productive in clear
water, and these baits happen to be about the size of last year's hatch (see
chart below). The lighter color pattern most closely matches theirs, too. I
think they'll appeal to anglers esthetically, which is most important
because we're the ones who spend the money. Can you produce this coloration
in a fluke-like soft plastic minnow or 4-inch curly-tail grub (which would
make a bodacious spinnerbait trailer)?

For Alabama Reservoirs,
Average Bass Length (inches) At Various Ages

Age
1
2
3
4
5

Largemouth Bass
6.9
10.6
13.3
15.4
17.2

Spotted Bass
5.8
10.0
13.1
15.2
16.9

Source: AL Dept. of Conservation & Natural Resources.
--
Joe
Secret Weapon Lures...

Old March 23rd, 2007, 07:24 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Ken Fortenberry

Joe Haubenreich wrote:
I think they'll appeal to anglers esthetically, which is most important
because we're the ones who spend the money. ...

LOL !! I gotta give credit where credit's due Joe, you're the
first lure manufacturer I know of who will actually admit it
in public. It's a truism, unspoken but a truism nonetheless,
in the fly fishing world that some flies are made to appeal
more to the fly fisherman than the fish because the fish don't
buy flies.

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old March 23rd, 2007, 09:31 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Fishking

"Joe Haubenreich" wrote in
message . Can you produce this coloration
in a fluke-like soft plastic minnow or 4-inch curly-tail grub (which would
make a bodacious spinnerbait trailer)?

Yup I can make 5 inch flukes and 3 inch grubs, can also pour some 5 inch
straight worms and floating dragonflys. I was just messing around and
started mixing up some stuff

Old March 24th, 2007, 12:59 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Jim Laumann

On Thu, 22 Mar 2007 20:20:53 -0400, "Fishking"
wrote:

Randy

Are these Senko clones (salt)?

Both sets of colors look useable - little that I know...

You going to market these?

Jim