Sydney Tidal Charts 2009

Old November 26th, 2007, 11:04 AM posted to alt.surfing,aus.sport.fishing
Mr Clever

Default Sydney Tidal Charts 2009

Hello

Does anyone know where I can get the tidal charts for Sydney, Australia, in
January 2009?

The resources that I can find on the web only go as far into the future as
the end of December 2008.

I'm trying to organise an event in January 2009 that needs to be booked well
in advance.

thanks

Old November 26th, 2007, 08:26 PM posted to alt.surfing, aus.sport.fishing
BG

Hello Clever,

I'd contact the Bureau of Meterology - they seem to be the source of
most tide charts. Alternatively, if you can get a December chart you
could estimate January tides. Depends what level of precision you
need.

Bob

Old November 26th, 2007, 08:38 PM posted to aus.sport.fishing
[email protected]

On Mon, 26 Nov 2007 11:04:43 GMT, "Mr Clever" wrote:

Hello

Does anyone know where I can get the tidal charts for Sydney, Australia, in
January 2009?

The resources that I can find on the web only go as far into the future as
the end of December 2008.

I'm trying to organise an event in January 2009 that needs to be booked well
in advance.

thanks

Duck into a tackle shop and pick up a tide chart.

Old November 26th, 2007, 09:35 PM posted to alt.surfing,aus.sport.fishing
Kev

BG writes:

I'd contact the Bureau of Meterology - they seem to be the source of
most tide charts.

Yes, they've taken over the NTF
http://www.bom.gov.au/oceanography/p.../ntc/ntc.shtml
http://www.bom.gov.au/oceanography/tides/

The xtide program used to cover Oz, but the latest has dropped that for
some copyright reason. It still works if you've got the old data file.
Old November 27th, 2007, 01:53 AM posted to alt.surfing,aus.sport.fishing
Tony Malasadas

"Mr Clever" wrote:
Does anyone know where I can get the tidal charts for Sydney, Australia, in January
2009?
The resources that I can find on the web only go as far into the future as the end
of December 2008.

Well, I guess you're writing under a misnomer, then?

Anyway.....
I have wxtide, and it gives the tides for Jan '09 in Sydney.
Couldn't you find it, online? It's pretty common.

wxtide32.exe

Only works on a PC, not Mac OS. (Last I heard)

--x--
Tony

Old November 27th, 2007, 04:43 PM posted to alt.surfing,aus.sport.fishing
Wally

Hi
no one can predict this info 2 years ahead but you could try BOM their
website is
http://www.bom.gov.au

Good Luck

Old November 28th, 2007, 01:16 PM posted to alt.surfing, aus.sport.fishing
[email protected]

On Nov 26, 9:04 pm, "Mr Clever" wrote:
Hello

Does anyone know where I can get the tidal charts for Sydney, Australia, in
January 2009?

The resources that I can find on the web only go as far into the future as
the end of December 2008.

I'm trying to organise an event in January 2009 that needs to be booked well
in advance.

thanks

Not really working the Mr Clever handle that well are you, what is it
the event that it needs such detailed tidal info well in advance,
given that Sydney's range is only 1-2m anyway? Skim-boarding comp?
Just curious and spend $5 at the bait & tackle shop, ask for a 'tide
book'.
Old December 10th, 2007, 11:45 AM posted to alt.surfing,aus.sport.fishing
Mr Clever

Thanks Tony, the only person with a sensible answer.

"Tony Malasadas" wrote in message
newsMK2j.13724$ht1.13390@trndny01...