Tube Fly Tools

Old May 16th, 2004, 12:37 AM
Hooked

Default Tube Fly Tools

All the posts about tube flies have got me interested again. I have a
Renzetti Cam Traveler vise, and a Regal vise. I've seen the tube fly vise by
Renzetti, and was wondering if I could just buy the head and convert the
Traveler? Or would I be better off buying a tube fly adapter that would be
held in my Regal vise, such as shown he
http://www.flyfishusa.com/fly-tying/tube-fly-tools.htm ?

Old May 16th, 2004, 01:40 AM
Padishar Creel

I have both and the tube fly adapter works great. I am just a fanatic so I
purchased both or them.

By the way, the adapter does not work with the Renzetti Traveler vise (I
have one of those as well). The mandible cannot extend cuz the vise head is
in the way.but the Regal should work fine. I do think you can buy just the
tube fly part from Renzetti...I bought the whole set so I have a table top
mount and the vise mount for both my tube fly vise and my traveler.

Chris

Old May 16th, 2004, 04:36 AM
Sierra fisher

I use the HMH adapter with my Renzetti Traveler with no problem. Since I
bought my HMH adapter, I have seen knockoffs for as little as $10. sorry
that I cannot remember where.

There is a solution!"

http://mail.spaminspector.com

"Hooked" wrote in message
All the posts about tube flies have got me interested again. I have a
Renzetti Cam Traveler vise, and a Regal vise. I've seen the tube fly

vise
by
Renzetti, and was wondering if I could just buy the head and convert the
Traveler? Or would I be better off buying a tube fly adapter that would

be
held in my Regal vise, such as shown he
http://www.flyfishusa.com/fly-tying/tube-fly-tools.htm ?

---

Old May 16th, 2004, 04:57 AM
Padishar Creel

Oops, my bad...I couldn't get it to work on my traveler when I was tying
small tube...no doubt pilot error on my part...sorry for the bad advice.

A place you can get the knock off is or at least they used to carry them:

The Angler's Workshop
1350 Atlantic
WOODLAND, WA 98674-9485
360-225-6359

Chris

Old May 16th, 2004, 07:02 PM
Herman Nijland

Hooked wrote:

All the posts about tube flies have got me interested again. I have a
Renzetti Cam Traveler vise, and a Regal vise. I've seen the tube fly vise by
Renzetti, and was wondering if I could just buy the head and convert the
Traveler? Or would I be better off buying a tube fly adapter that would be
held in my Regal vise, such as shown he
http://www.flyfishusa.com/fly-tying/tube-fly-tools.htm ?

You could do that. I use a thick needle , which fits in my imitation
Regal and holds the q-tip tubes well enough. In other words - practical
solutions work!

--
Herman
Old May 16th, 2004, 08:04 PM
Sierra fisher

They do but I have found that many are a waste of time. If the tube starts
to spin while you're tying on it, you're in trouble. I've tried needles,
nails with thread, curved fly hooks with the eye cut off, etc. The
investment of $10 to $20 for a HMH knockoff is well worth the money if you
tie a lot of them.. Also, I like to tie the small piece of plastic to hold
the hook onto the tube. the HMH works well in holding a tube with the
plastic tubing attached.

Old May 17th, 2004, 11:33 PM

I won the HMH Premium set and enjoy using it. I see the price and
really wonder if it is value for money. The unit works well but I
don't tie enough tubes to warrant buying but will not part with it now
that I have it.

Good luck

Dave