Sick of the license BS

Old May 13th, 2006, 01:10 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

Default Sick of the license BS

I have a season license in my home state.

On a recent multi-state trip, I again and again found that to dip my
line in the stream behind my hotel (catch and release) for the two
hours I would be there I had to buy a 3-day non-resident license with
salmon stamp for $25-$35. Needless to say, I took my chances. After
all, I have never been approached for a license check in 40 years of
fishing.

I don't need to buy a non-resident driving license as I travel around
this country and I shouldn't have to buy a local fishing license
either. A resident season license in any state should suffice.

At most, a state should ask that you buy a daily sticker for a
reasonable additional fee, like $2. These stickers could be dispensed
by machine.

Ken C
Old May 13th, 2006, 02:11 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

"Ken C" wrote in message
I have a season license in my home state.

On a recent multi-state trip, I again and again found that to dip my
line in the stream behind my hotel (catch and release) for the two
hours I would be there I had to buy a 3-day non-resident license with
salmon stamp for $25-$35. Needless to say, I took my chances. After
all, I have never been approached for a license check in 40 years of
fishing.

I don't need to buy a non-resident driving license as I travel around
this country and I shouldn't have to buy a local fishing license
either. A resident season license in any state should suffice.

At most, a state should ask that you buy a daily sticker for a
reasonable additional fee, like $2. These stickers could be dispensed
by machine.

Ken C

Well, sometime when you're not too busy, why don't you just take over the
world. I'm sure we'll all be much happier.

Wolfgang

Old May 13th, 2006, 03:56 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

"Ken C" wrote in message
I have a season license in my home state.

On a recent multi-state trip, I again and again found that to dip my
line in the stream behind my hotel (catch and release) for the two
hours I would be there I had to buy a 3-day non-resident license with
salmon stamp for $25-$35. Needless to say, I took my chances. After
all, I have never been approached for a license check in 40 years of
fishing.

I don't need to buy a non-resident driving license as I travel around
this country and I shouldn't have to buy a local fishing license
either. A resident season license in any state should suffice.

At most, a state should ask that you buy a daily sticker for a
reasonable additional fee, like $2. These stickers could be dispensed
by machine.

Ken C

I feel the same!

My landlord decided to go up on my rent, after 10 years! I'm headed over to
his house to kill him.

Op --Lawless in NC--

Old May 13th, 2006, 10:54 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

Wolfgang wrote:
"Ken C" wrote:
I have a season license in my home state.

On a recent multi-state trip, I again and again found that to dip my
line in the stream behind my hotel (catch and release) for the two
hours I would be there I had to buy a 3-day non-resident license with
salmon stamp for $25-$35. Needless to say, I took my chances. After
all, I have never been approached for a license check in 40 years of
fishing. ...

Well, sometime when you're not too busy, why don't you just take over the
world. I'm sure we'll all be much happier.

That's it ? I mean some fool troll comes in here boasting
of poaching and that's all the ire roff can muster ?

I guess this marks the official end of the "cabin fever"
season. ;-)

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old May 14th, 2006, 02:56 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

"Ken C" wrote in message

I took my chances. After
all, I have never been approached for a license check in 40 years of
fishing.

The enforcement in some states is not what it could be because DNR's are
ofthen not funded at a level which allows for enough officers. Just because
because you haven't been checked does not make it legal anymore than driving
85 in a 70 mph zone makes it legal because no one has pulled you over.

I don't need to buy a non-resident driving license as I travel around
this country and I shouldn't have to buy a local fishing license
either. A resident season license in any state should suffice.

If fishing licenses (and hunting) didn't often go to support wildlife
programs and wildlife enforcement in various states you could have a point.
but it is the law and you should do what it requires. Maybe if everyone acts
the way you claim to, then go one, at some point there won;t be money in the
coffers to protect that trout stream you've decided you can poach on.

I hope when you do get caught it's one of those states that requires a
non-resident to post a cash bail on the spot or go to the local jail,

Old May 14th, 2006, 05:24 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

I hope it's a state that confiscates all the equipment that the poacher
used, including his vehicle. Although that penalty is usually only
enforced for big game violations.

Old May 14th, 2006, 06:16 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

"Ken Fortenberry" wrote in message
. com...
Wolfgang wrote:
"Ken C" wrote:
I have a season license in my home state.

On a recent multi-state trip, I again and again found that to dip my
line in the stream behind my hotel (catch and release) for the two
hours I would be there I had to buy a 3-day non-resident license with
salmon stamp for $25-$35. Needless to say, I took my chances. After
all, I have never been approached for a license check in 40 years of
fishing. ...

Well, sometime when you're not too busy, why don't you just take over the
world. I'm sure we'll all be much happier.

That's it ? I mean some fool troll comes in here boasting
of poaching and that's all the ire roff can muster ?

I guess this marks the official end of the "cabin fever"
season. ;-)

--
Ken Fortenberry

Well, he didn't say if he was a catch and release* poacher, or a dry fly
only, poacher....

Hell, he didn't even say if he was a Spey side only scotch drinker, poacher,
or if he drank that Island swill too, while poaching.

Skwala

* I take his posting to mean the water was C & R, not that he necessarily
practiced C & R poaching.

Old May 14th, 2006, 08:57 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

Ken C wrote:
On 14 May 2006 09:24:38 -0700, "George Adams"
wrote:

I hope it's a state that confiscates all the equipment that the poacher
used, including his vehicle. Although that penalty is usually only
enforced for big game violations.

The typical fine is $150, so it doesn't take too long until you are
way ahead of the game.

The same or similar could be said for cheating on your taxes.

The point is, the rules are stupid and unreasonable. Only a product of
inbreeding follows every rule.

I agree that many rules are stupid and unreasonable, and that I break
some of them routinely, but fishing without a license doesn't sound to
me like an enjoyable way to spend time.

Old May 14th, 2006, 09:23 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

Buy the freaking license dude. Wherever you go. You don't get to make
up your own rules. bruce h