UK National Fishing Week - Open for trout fishing?

Old August 22nd, 2006, 03:25 AM posted to alt.flyfishing
[email protected]

Default UK National Fishing Week - Open for trout fishing?

Hey Guys,

I saw that this is national fishing week in the UK (See below .sig).
I'm curious what this means for the average user. Is this coarse
fishing only? Will some of the trout fishing be made available to the
public? And, finally, is anyone planning on taking someone new fishing?

Cheers!

Halfordian Golfer
It is impossible to catch and release a wild trout.

http://www.waterscape.com/news/nid792

National Fishing Week returns this year between 19-28 August, with
opportunities to join in alongside one of the many canals or rivers.

With over 2,200 miles of canals and rivers, British Waterways is
encouraging angling amateurs and enthusiasts alike to grab a rod and
get fishing. Whether you're a beginner trying your hand for the first
time, or an experienced angler taking part in national matches, British
Waterways has lots of opportunities for anglers to relax, soak in the
waterway atmosphere and take part in the sport.

Amateur anglers can contact their local British Waterways office and
enquire about angling taster coaching sessions. These are highly
enjoyable along with teaching good angling techniques, etiquette and
highlighting safety issues whilst angling on the UK's canals and
rivers.

Roger Herrington, general manager at West Midlands Waterways, says:
"Angling is becoming more popular and National Fishing Week is a great
way of giving local people a 'taste' for angling. Our local events
which take place confirm our commitment to local angling initiatives.
They are a great way for visitors to go out fishing on the canals,
involve the local community and promote safe angling practices. It
means our events and schemes are successful in allowing people to
access, interact and be educated through our waterways".