Affordable game fishing in Florida

Old June 19th, 2004, 04:58 PM
SGF

Default Affordable game fishing in Florida

Hi NG

I was hoping someone could give me a hint about finding affordable fishing
charters in Florida. We are 2 persons and we are looking for a single day
offshore-charter in either The Keys, Miami, Orlando or Ft. Lauderdale (these
are the destinations in our vacation).

We plan to spend about 3 weeks in Florida in september and would like to go
fishing for larger species but find the general charter rates of $600-1000 a
bit expensive. One option could be sharing a charter boat with another
couple and another option could be to find a cheaper boat.

In any case, we expect to spend no mere than $200-400 for 2 persons/ 8hours.

Any good suggestions?? Any kind of help would be very welcome.

Thanks in advance
Soren, DK

Old June 19th, 2004, 09:14 PM
Sierra fisher

Why don't you try to find a guide who can take you inshore or nearshore for
tarpon, snook, etc. These are usually in your price range. In the orlando
area you might call Captain Johnny Miller at 386-672-4226

There is a solution!"

http://mail.spaminspector.com

. ..

Old June 24th, 2004, 08:33 PM
SGF

Hi "Sierra Fisher"

Thanx a lot for your reply.
Donīt you think it would be possible to find someone to share the boat with
on location??

Regards
Soren, Denmark

"Sierra fisher" skrev i en meddelelse
Why don't you try to find a guide who can take you inshore or nearshore

for
tarpon, snook, etc. These are usually in your price range. In the

orlando
area you might call Captain Johnny Miller at 386-672-4226

There is a solution!"

http://mail.spaminspector.com

. ..

Old June 26th, 2004, 02:55 PM
SGF

Ti Sierra Fisher

I am beginning to get your point now and i pretty much agree with your
points of view. Personally I would prefer catching a 20-30lb fish on
standup-gear rather than chatching a 50-100lb fish fron the fight-chair. I
would like though, to catch a larger fish like a tarpon, barracuda or
something instead of "just" alle the colourfull reef-spiecies og usually no
more than 1lb.

As I am rather experienced in game fishing in northern europe, but rather
unexperienced in your kindda game, would you mind to explain the kind of
fishing you reccomend to me?? Are we talking trolling, bottom-bouncing,
baitcasting or something completely different??

And at last - are there any websites regarding the subject, you might want
to reccomend??

Thanx a lot in advance and for your help so far

Soren, Denmark

"Sierra fisher" skrev i en meddelelse
I generally travel by myself, and I always look into sharing a boat, but

it
has never worked out. First it is the boat owner's best interest to take
both of you out separately. He is not going to help you very much.
Secondly sharing a boat with a friend is hard enough. Finally I think

that
inshore and near shore fishing is more exciting. It is largely sight
fishing, and it is very demanding. Deep sea fishing is boring, and one

hell
of a lot of work when you do get a hookup. I prefer the challenge of
getting the hook up, not the challenge of who is stronger. You get a 50 #
fish on 100 # line and grunt away.

There is a solution!"

http://mail.spaminspector.com

"SGF" wrote in message
. ..
Hi "Sierra Fisher"

Thanx a lot for your reply.
Donīt you think it would be possible to find someone to share the boat

with
on location??

Regards
Soren, Denmark

"Sierra fisher" skrev i en

meddelelse
Why don't you try to find a guide who can take you inshore or

nearshore
for
tarpon, snook, etc. These are usually in your price range. In the

orlando
area you might call Captain Johnny Miller at 386-672-4226

There is a solution!"

http://mail.spaminspector.com

. ..

Old June 27th, 2004, 05:37 PM
Sierra fisher

I am into fly fishing and know very little about plug or spinner fishing for
florida type fishing. I recommend that you do a search on guides in areas
that you might want to fish, and start a dialogue with them.. Most of them
can set up a program to fit your needs and skills. they are not as limited
as I am. I bellieve that I gave you one name in the Orlando area. Good
luck

There is a solution!"

http://mail.spaminspector.com

. ..

#
fish on 100 # line and grunt away.

There is a solution!"

http://mail.spaminspector.com

"SGF" wrote in message
. ..
Hi "Sierra Fisher"

Thanx a lot for your reply.
Donīt you think it would be possible to find someone to share the boat

with
on location??

Regards
Soren, Denmark

"Sierra fisher" skrev i en

meddelelse
Why don't you try to find a guide who can take you inshore or

nearshore
for
tarpon, snook, etc. These are usually in your price range. In the
orlando
area you might call Captain Johnny Miller at 386-672-4226

There is a solution!"

http://mail.spaminspector.com

. ..

Old June 28th, 2004, 02:54 PM
Rick Laws

SGF wrote:
Hi NG

I was hoping someone could give me a hint about finding affordable fishing
charters in Florida. We are 2 persons and we are looking for a single day
offshore-charter in either The Keys, Miami, Orlando or Ft. Lauderdale (these
are the destinations in our vacation).

We plan to spend about 3 weeks in Florida in september and would like to go
fishing for larger species but find the general charter rates of $600-1000 a
bit expensive. One option could be sharing a charter boat with another
couple and another option could be to find a cheaper boat.

In any case, we expect to spend no mere than $200-400 for 2 persons/ 8hours.

Any good suggestions?? Any kind of help would be very welcome.

Thanks in advance
Soren, DK

I just fininhed a trip the end of May to Tampa Florida. I attended a
conference and had some time to take a day fishing. I agree that
inshore fisihing to be more fun than the blue water fishing. Durning my
time on the water I caught 10 nice Snook and a bunch od Ocean Trout.

The guide I used is Capt. Jim Huddleson (727) 439-9017. His web site is
www.captainhud.com. He uses Palm Harbor Dock and is just south of
Tarpon Springs and North of Tampa. If taking a guide from Tampa you
spend a lot of time getting out of the Bay and out to where the Snook
are. At Palm Harbor the boat ride is only a a few of minutes and you
are fishing, not riding around. He is a Florida native, and is a IGFA
world record holder. If you want o do some inshore fishing near Tampa,
I recommend him very highly. I had a good time, good conversation on
the water, excellent learning experience and he put me on some really
nice Snook.

I don't think a guide is a cheap investment, but then again you have to
look at the service provided. Boat, gas, bait, tackle all cost money,
and the guide has knowledge you are paying for. I f you would like to
see some of my fishing picture, I maintain a personal website for family
and friends to see pictures, www.cafe-american.us . click on fishing
expeditions.

Rick Laws
Athesn, AL
Old June 30th, 2004, 04:05 AM
joe

In article ,
Rick Laws wrote:

[...]

Sounds like you had a good trip. I was down for the week as well and
missed my chance on the snook but caught some nice trout including a 26
inch fish that fought hard.

I would disagree with you on taking a guide out of Tampa being more of a
boat ride however. I was fishing out of my kayak on the east side of
Tampa Bay. There are spots all around the bay where snook, redfish,
trout and even tarpon are plentiful.

A guide is a good idea for anyone who has limited time and limited
knowledge of the fishing where you are. You will maximize your time and
fun and even long time anglers can learn from a good guide. For the
money, usually $200 - $300 for a half day and $400 - $500 for a full day
with one or two anglers. The nice thing about going solo is that you get
all the fish. I have been on some trips with multiple anglers and it is
hard sitting there watching your buddy fight a fish you could be. In my
case we had 5 on a larger boat and I got one shot at a tarpon, the only
one which threw the hook. I was glad for the others but man did I want
to be on the rod.

good fishin'

atljoe
--
"Atlanta Joe" aka Joe Webb
Flats fishing is Flat Fun!
Old June 30th, 2004, 08:47 PM
SGF

Hi NG

A lot of thanks to the both of you for your very useful advise and
oppinions. I will surely look into the www.captainhud.com website and
reconsider my fishing plans.

Also I think itīs great that you bother to spend a few nimutes helping me
out.

Iīll let you know, what it all ends up with

Best regards
Soren, Denmark

Old July 5th, 2004, 08:31 PM
jhook

I have a site on S. Fla. fishing that includes links to local guides at
http://inshore.com/f-guides.html. You can check some there sites and see
what looks good in your price range. Don't be shy about sending them an
email if you have any questions.

From Miami your have access to Flamingo, Florida Bay, the Upper Keys and
Biscayne Bay for inshore fishing and the Gulfstream just minutes away if you
still want to go offshore.

Note: during the summer with the calmer seas some of the smaller boats fish
for dolphin in the same areas as the big boats at a much better price.

"SGF" wrote in message
. ..
Hi NG

A lot of thanks to the both of you for your very useful advise and
oppinions. I will surely look into the www.captainhud.com website and
reconsider my fishing plans.

Also I think itīs great that you bother to spend a few nimutes helping me
out.

Iīll let you know, what it all ends up with

Best regards
Soren, Denmark

Old July 9th, 2004, 10:19 PM
SGF

Hey Jhook

Thanks a lot for your reply. I had a look at your site and I think, it
great!!!

Is there any of the smaller boates in the Miami og Key West area, oyu would
recommend for offshore-fishing in summertime??

Thanks again
Soren

"jhook" skrev i en meddelelse
. ..
I have a site on S. Fla. fishing that includes links to local guides at
http://inshore.com/f-guides.html. You can check some there sites and see
what looks good in your price range. Don't be shy about sending them an
email if you have any questions.

From Miami your have access to Flamingo, Florida Bay, the Upper Keys and
Biscayne Bay for inshore fishing and the Gulfstream just minutes away if

you
still want to go offshore.

Note: during the summer with the calmer seas some of the smaller boats

fish
for dolphin in the same areas as the big boats at a much better price.

"SGF" wrote in message
. ..
Hi NG

A lot of thanks to the both of you for your very useful advise and
oppinions. I will surely look into the www.captainhud.com website and
reconsider my fishing plans.

Also I think itīs great that you bother to spend a few nimutes helping

me
out.

Iīll let you know, what it all ends up with

Best regards
Soren, Denmark