fishing tent

Old May 7th, 2007, 12:31 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Dave LaCourse

Default fishing tent

On Sun, 06 May 2007 16:08:10 -0400, jeff
wrote:

trust y'all are well. figure it's nearing time for your annual spring
lakewood jaunt. is the new dog prepared and cabin ready? our sadie is
now 12 and she's slowed down a lot. here she is at leisure, watching me
fiddle with the tent yesterday. it's her bemused, crossed-paws look.

Heading up for a couple of days after the 14th. Jenny is finally
getting the hang of peein' and poopin' outside. She loves the shower,
so she should take to the lake well.

Love the pic of Sadie. Enjoy her all you can.

Old May 7th, 2007, 02:43 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

"Opus--Mark H. Bowen" wrote in message

"jeff" wrote in message

uh oh... just don't forget the candy bars!! any idea about weather
forecast yet?

jeff

Yeah, Ray's Weather dot com says 5 golf balls!

What do ya reckon that means?

Bring a 9-iron?
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Old May 7th, 2007, 04:35 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Cyli

On Sun, 06 May 2007 15:56:44 -0400, jeff
wrote:

i'm working on the light load principle...esp. since my belly has
decided to add to the load.

just got a light sleeping bag suitable for 3 seasons in nc (35F)...2
lbs. the tent is about the same. thermarest also...so that leaves 13
pounds for the food, right? g don't have a stove or water purifier
yet, and just a few basic (cheap) utensils. like me, this camp-fish
thing is still a quirk in progress.

And the change of clothing in case your stuff gets wet? The rain gear
in case of rain? Poly fleece hoodie for the cool evenings? The
flyfishing equipment? Sawyer snakebite kit doesn't weigh much, but
don't you wish you'd had it along the time you and a cotton mouth met?
Since you'll probably wet wade, you won't need the waders.

A bear canister weighs about 3 pounds, if you want to keep your food
safe from bears and raccoons and vice versa. Makes a decent seat for
around the campfire, too.
--

r.bc: vixen
Minnow goddess, Speaker to squirrels, willow watcher.

http://www.visi.com/~cyli
Old May 7th, 2007, 04:38 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Cyli

On Sun, 06 May 2007 11:32:08 -0400, jeff
wrote:

my new one-person lightweight tent, w/o fly (fly is on the ground), for
limited 3-season overnight hiking/fishing trips. gonna give it a test
this week.

jeff

Cute tent. Looks fine. Remember to put the fly on right away and
stake the fly out tautly.

Old May 9th, 2007, 04:18 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
rw

jeff wrote:

joanne made a tent for you!!?? i knew she was talented, but there's
gotta be some limit, eh? just be careful if she makes you a frost-lined
sleeping bag. g

trust y'all are well. figure it's nearing time for your annual spring
lakewood jaunt. is the new dog prepared and cabin ready? our sadie is
now 12 and she's slowed down a lot. here she is at leisure, watching me
fiddle with the tent yesterday. it's her bemused, crossed-paws look.

Some of you may remember my dog, Arlo. He passed away about a month ago.

Old May 9th, 2007, 06:28 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Opus--Mark H. Bowen

"rw" wrote in message
jeff wrote:

joanne made a tent for you!!?? i knew she was talented, but there's
gotta be some limit, eh? just be careful if she makes you a frost-lined
sleeping bag. g

trust y'all are well. figure it's nearing time for your annual spring
lakewood jaunt. is the new dog prepared and cabin ready? our sadie is
now 12 and she's slowed down a lot. here she is at leisure, watching me
fiddle with the tent yesterday. it's her bemused, crossed-paws look.

Some of you may remember my dog, Arlo. He passed away about a month ago.

Very sorry to hear that Steve. I sure loved my Beau-re-Guard. She was the
best woman--aside from good 'ol mom--I've ever had.

My buddy Bear is a great fishin' partner, and hiking chum, but he ain't no
Beau. I'd love to take him with Jeff M. and I this weekend, but mother says
she ain't gonna go the entire weekend without her protector.

Op

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IM000218 (Small).jpg
Views:	453
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	268  Click image for larger version

Name:	IM000223 (Small).jpg
Views:	320
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	269
Old May 9th, 2007, 09:08 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Dave LaCourse

On Wed, 09 May 2007 08:18:30 -0700, rw
wrote:

jeff wrote:

joanne made a tent for you!!?? i knew she was talented, but there's
gotta be some limit, eh? just be careful if she makes you a frost-lined
sleeping bag. g

trust y'all are well. figure it's nearing time for your annual spring
lakewood jaunt. is the new dog prepared and cabin ready? our sadie is
now 12 and she's slowed down a lot. here she is at leisure, watching me
fiddle with the tent yesterday. it's her bemused, crossed-paws look.

Some of you may remember my dog, Arlo. He passed away about a month ago.

About the same time we lost Henry. He took sick and was moaning. We
picked him up and rushed him to the hospital, but he died in Joanne's
arms before we got there. We were devastated. A week later we picked
up 3 month old Jenny who is more than a handful of trouble. She
should be lots of company at Lakewood.

Old May 9th, 2007, 09:33 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
jeff

Oh jeez... i'm sorry to hear of Arlo's passing. I remember several of
your photos with him and your other dog. Goldens are near human, only
better.

i'm getting spooked. 1st Henry, now Arlo. Sadie is about 12 (she was a
mountain stray pup who came up on our porch one morning in the mountains
and pawed her way into our hearts), and mostly golden retriever with
some other breed(s) in the mix. She's not what i would call an active,
fit dog, but as smart, loveable, and gentle as any I've ever known. She
goes everywhere with us, including to my office. We are fools over her
and can't imagine being without her, though we know the day is coming.

jeff

Old May 9th, 2007, 09:47 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Jack Schmitt

Read the book, "When A Pet Dies" by the late Fred Rogers of Mr. Roger's
Neighborhood fame.

ink.net...

Old May 10th, 2007, 01:41 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Danl[_2_]

"rw" wrote in message
Some of you may remember my dog, Arlo. He passed away about a month ago.

Sorry to hear, Steve. That Arlo was a good dog.

Danl