Canoecopia

Old March 11th, 2009, 01:00 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Ken Fortenberry[_2_]

Default Canoecopia

Anyone else going to Canoecopia in Madison, WI this weekend ? I'll
be there on one day and on a nearby trout stream the other, depending
on the weather.

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old March 11th, 2009, 10:03 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Daniel-San[_2_]

"Ken Fortenberry" wrote ...
Anyone else going to Canoecopia in Madison, WI this weekend ? I'll
be there on one day and on a nearby trout stream the other, depending
on the weather.

Not going to Copia, but there's an off (15%) chance that I may hit the black
Earth Saturday. A whole lotta stars have to align, but I hope it works out.

-Dan

Old March 12th, 2009, 03:58 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Chicago Paddling-Fishing

Ken Fortenberry wrote:
Anyone else going to Canoecopia in Madison, WI this weekend ? I'll
be there on one day and on a nearby trout stream the other, depending
on the weather.

I think I might... hard to be sure yet though...

--
John Nelson
Chicago Area Paddling/Fishing Page
Old March 12th, 2009, 03:14 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Ken Fortenberry[_2_]

Daniel-San wrote:
"Ken Fortenberry" wrote ...
Anyone else going to Canoecopia in Madison, WI this weekend ? I'll
be there on one day and on a nearby trout stream the other, depending
on the weather.

Not going to Copia, but there's an off (15%) chance that I may hit the black
Earth Saturday. A whole lotta stars have to align, but I hope it works out.

Looks like Saturday is mostly sunny, high around 50, 10% chance
of precip while Sunday is exactly the same except mostly cloudy.
I have better luck with the teensy-weensy cold water dries on
cloudy days so we'll do Copia all day Saturday and then I'll fish
on Sunday.

I'll be at the bridge over the Blue River on Snow Bottom Road just
across the Iowa county line in Grant county around noonish or so.
If anybody wants to meet up we can toss a coin for upstream or down,
although the fishing is usually decent in both directions. That's
as far away from Madison as I'll get (it's about an hour away) and
if it doesn't look good there are several places to hit on the way
back to the hotel, but that's the only location I'm going to post
on roff.

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old March 12th, 2009, 03:16 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Ken Fortenberry[_2_]

Chicago Paddling-Fishing wrote:
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
Anyone else going to Canoecopia in Madison, WI this weekend ? I'll
be there on one day and on a nearby trout stream the other, depending
on the weather.

I think I might... hard to be sure yet though...

My wife and I will be there most of the day Saturday, if you see
me say hello and I'll do the same if I see you.

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old March 13th, 2009, 12:53 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
JR

Daniel-San wrote:
"Ken Fortenberry" wrote ...
Anyone else going to Canoecopia in Madison, WI this weekend ? I'll
be there on one day and on a nearby trout stream the other, depending
on the weather.

Not going to Copia, but there's an off (15%) chance that I may hit the black
Earth Saturday. A whole lotta stars have to align, but I hope it works out.

If you do, post a report. I've always wanted to fish the Black Earth,
just 'cause I love the name, if for no other reason.....

- JR

Old March 13th, 2009, 02:02 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Daniel-San

"JR" wrote ...
Daniel-San wrote:
"Ken Fortenberry" wrote ...
Anyone else going to Canoecopia in Madison, WI this weekend ? I'll
be there on one day and on a nearby trout stream the other, depending
on the weather.

Not going to Copia, but there's an off (15%) chance that I may hit the
black Earth Saturday. A whole lotta stars have to align, but I hope it
works out.

If you do, post a report. I've always wanted to fish the Black Earth,
just 'cause I love the name, if for no other reason.....

Well, looks like the stars will be out of alignment. I'd hoped to sneak up
for the morning, but it doesn't look like I'll be able to.

I have fished it a bunch of times over the last few years. Great place
during the spring. Gets very overgrown come mid-summer.

-Dan

Old March 14th, 2009, 12:47 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Ken Fortenberry[_2_]

Ken Fortenberry wrote:

... we'll do Copia all day Saturday and then I'll fish
on Sunday.

Check that. I won't be doing either one. I came down with a
bit of a bug so I'm gonna hang out on the homefront this
weekend.

--
Ken Fortenberry