Inshore Fly Fishing in Quepos Costa Rica

Old January 5th, 2006, 09:19 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

Default Inshore Fly Fishing in Quepos Costa Rica

Can anyone reccomend an outfit in this area that will cater to inshore
fly fishing? We are not looking to go out on the ocean in the big
boats for Marlin or Sailfish, but are looking to hire a guide to fish
for the smaller varieties.

Old January 5th, 2006, 11:43 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

OK, I gave you directions to their place when you made this same
inquiry earlier, but here's the phone #777-26-92 in Quepos. Ana and
Gallo. Ana speaks much better English. Cell phones are 302-37-04 and
823-15-70 in Quepos also. They'll take you to the Rio Savegre river
mouth. Take an 8, 9, or 10 weight and make sure you have both floating
a sinking lines and big baitfish imitations.

You will need a stripping basket to fly fish from Gallo's boat. If you
don't have one just have them drop you off on the North side of the
river and you can walk up and down and fish some really good water.
bruce h

Old January 6th, 2006, 05:49 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

Yes, you did reply to my earlier post and I thank you for that.
However the first post was for DIY and the second was more specific
requesting guiding services. Thanks for both responses.