Anglesey

Old September 28th, 2003, 11:12 PM
The Big Man

Default Anglesey

Hi guys

Any info on how the north Anglesey area is fishing from the boats,
particularly around the Whitebeach area?

Cheers

David

Old September 29th, 2003, 11:23 PM
Gray

Last I heard (last week) the place is fishing it's head off
Tope of up to 60lb and loads of good fish from the shores especially the
North side

--
Regards
Gray

http://www.madcaravanner.co.uk

"The Big Man" wrote in message
Hi guys

Any info on how the north Anglesey area is fishing from the boats,
particularly around the Whitebeach area?

Cheers

David

---

Old September 30th, 2003, 08:56 AM
Gethyn Owen

Out last sunday on the Princess. First few hours just off whitebeach -
plenty of fish. Mainly whiting with the odd dog, dab, and also a
couple mackerel and herring.

Moved into the straits for a few hours (off the Gazelle) and again
loads of fish - whiting, dogs, dragonets, pouting, poor cod, dabs,
goby's- loads of fish and loads of fun.

Gethyn

Old September 30th, 2003, 05:28 PM
Gray

Gethyn
I know this is slightly off topic but
where do these boats sail from
and where am I liable to find a caravan site that IS open all year near
there

--
Regards
Gray

om...

Old October 1st, 2003, 09:54 PM
Gethyn Owen

The boats in that area sail from Beaumaris Pier,
you've a number of choices -
Starida, Sarah Jane and Island Princess - Stan Zalot 01248 810251
Cerismar 11 - Dave Jones 01248 831746
Lander - Alan Marsh - 01248 840107
Outider - Mick McKenna - 01248 810910

Baits are fairly straight forward, remembering where entering the
winter season you'll bag up big style using mackerel for whiting, dogs
etc.
Dabs go wild for a bit of black lug + squid/mackerel.
Additionally there are also huss and tope around.
The bassing at the moment is brilliant on live sand eel.

In the straits loads of whiting and dab + mini species to fish bait,
ragworm or black lug.

With winter approaching the fish are not tremendous in size, but
plentifull to give you a great day afloat.

Gethyn
www.goangling.co.uk
Old October 1st, 2003, 09:56 PM
Gethyn Owen

I'll check on the caravan sites for you and let you know, top of my
head, I think the site in Treborth on the straits is open all year.
Old October 3rd, 2003, 12:20 PM
The Big Man

Thanks Gethyn it's all a help for coming down next weekend. Hopefully we
won't the gales we've got up here today.

David

Old October 4th, 2003, 06:31 PM
Gethyn Owen

David,