Orvis Part II

Old August 1st, 2004, 03:18 AM
Tim Apple

Default Orvis Part II

Well after my moral dilema on why or why not to buy orvis, I bought a 6wt
Clearwater Classic from them.

I now officially think it's the best rod I own (minus bamboos which are there
own animal) I'm not a good caster at all, and this is the first rod I have
ever had that I can cast my entire line with. I am completly in awe with
it....(or do all my other rods just suck( most being St Croix and one ole'
scott 8wt that I can barely cast). For $225 for a 4 piece, I would recommend
it to anyone. I can't say enough about the damn thing.

Well just thought I would share....

Tim Apple

Old August 1st, 2004, 10:43 PM
Chris Schmelzer

In article et,
Tim Apple wrote:

Well after my moral dilema on why or why not to buy orvis, I bought a 6wt
Clearwater Classic from them.

I now officially think it's the best rod I own (minus bamboos which are there
own animal) I'm not a good caster at all, and this is the first rod I have
ever had that I can cast my entire line with. I am completly in awe with
it....(or do all my other rods just suck( most being St Croix and one ole'
scott 8wt that I can barely cast). For $225 for a 4 piece, I would recommend
it to anyone. I can't say enough about the damn thing.

Well just thought I would share....

Tim Apple

'big monopoly' aside, they make good stuff and have EXCELLENT customer
service in my opinion

I just bought a T3 5wt midflex 4 piece during the recent sale...

Love it!

--
Chris Schmelzer, MD
Capt, 110th Fighter Michigan ANG

Old August 4th, 2004, 02:10 AM
Osama Bin Bush

In article et,
Tim Apple wrote:

Well after my moral dilema on why or why not to buy orvis, I bought a 6wt
Clearwater Classic from them.

I now officially think it's the best rod I own (minus bamboos which are there
own animal) I'm not a good caster at all, and this is the first rod I have
ever had that I can cast my entire line with. I am completly in awe with
it....(or do all my other rods just suck( most being St Croix and one ole'
scott 8wt that I can barely cast). For $225 for a 4 piece, I would recommend
it to anyone. I can't say enough about the damn thing.

Well just thought I would share....

Tim Apple

Is the clearwater the Orvis rod that walmart now carries?
Old August 4th, 2004, 09:02 PM
Chris Schmelzer

In article
,
Osama Bin Bush wrote:

In article et,
Tim Apple wrote:

Well after my moral dilema on why or why not to buy orvis, I bought a 6wt
Clearwater Classic from them.

I now officially think it's the best rod I own (minus bamboos which are
there
own animal) I'm not a good caster at all, and this is the first rod I have
ever had that I can cast my entire line with. I am completly in awe with
it....(or do all my other rods just suck( most being St Croix and one ole'
scott 8wt that I can barely cast). For $225 for a 4 piece, I would
recommend
it to anyone. I can't say enough about the damn thing.

Well just thought I would share....

Tim Apple

Is the clearwater the Orvis rod that walmart now carries?

Dunno, but it is their 'low end' rod...

Old August 4th, 2004, 10:19 PM
Stan Gula

Tim Apple wrote:
I now officially think it's the best rod I own (minus bamboos which
are there
own animal) I'm not a good caster at all, and this is the first rod
I have ever had that I can cast my entire line with. I am completly
in awe with it....(or do all my other rods just suck( most being St
Croix and one ole' scott 8wt that I can barely cast). For $225 for
a 4 piece, I would recommend
it to anyone. I can't say enough about the damn thing.

Well just thought I would share....

Tim Apple

(and somebody replied)

and Chris Schmelzer wrote:
Dunno, but it is their 'low end' rod...

Not any more. They have a Streamline series as the cheapest line they sell
in their stores. I think that's an imported blank, but not sure. The
Clearwaters are still built on blanks they make in Manchester. They also
got about $50 more expensive when the Streamlines came out. There's another
rod sold through Walmart (don't remember the name, maybe Green Mountain?,
but it has a 'by Orvis' in fine print). It's probably a safe bet that those
outfilts are all manufactured off-shore.
--
Stan Gula
http://gula.org/roffswaps

Old August 6th, 2004, 05:18 AM
Mu Young Lee

On Wed, 4 Aug 2004, Chris Schmelzer wrote:
--
Chris Schmelzer, MD
Capt, 110th Fighter Michigan ANG
University of Michigan Hospitals
Ann Arbor, MI

Chris, have you hit the Huron just downstream from the footbridge behind
Huron Towers Apartments? Excellent August evening water for smallies.
Yellow wooly bugger palmered with red hackle works wonders when swung
three quarters downstream and stripped back straight upstream. Also, a 3"
Berkley Powerworm (Krazyglued to the hook to prevent slippage during false
casting) dead drifted works wonders.

Mu
Thousand Oaks, CA
\ Mu Young Lee
remove all dashes and underscores in reply address