Bitterroot was productive last week.

Old April 4th, 2008, 03:59 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
JT

Default Bitterroot was productive last week.

It was nice to get out of the house and away from reality for a few days
last week. My cousin, a fishing buddy and I floated the Bitterroot 4 days
starting Wednesday. The first two days the river fished very well despite
the cold temps. On Friday the cold from the previous two days had brought
the water temperatures down and the fishing slowed with only a few fish to
hand. The 4th day about 3:00 PM the sun (yes we actually had some sun)
warmed the waters and the big guys started looking up again. There were
Stonefly's (Skwala patterns #10 - 12) about, with Nemouras (Brown drakes
#12) & some mayfly (parachute adams #16 - 18) thrown in the mix from time to
time. Overall the fishing was pretty darn good, the river was in great
shape due to cold temperatures the runoff had not started affecting clarity
or flows. We go over this time of year pretty much to dry fly fish and we
were able to do that the entire time. On day three, we threw on an
assortment of different droppers and picked up a few fish. Several rainbow &
browns in the 16 - 18 inch range, (one 20 inch brown) and a few cutthroat in
the 12 - 17 inch range were brought to hand and released to swim another
day. Overall it was a great trip, good for the mind and cabin fever.

GD that hat looks ridiculous, think I'll look for another.

JT